T

TimeToDie

Mage
Jun 13, 2019
The kids were 3, 7, and 8. I looked up ages wondering if they were infants strapped into car seats. I must wonder how one gets kids who are old enough to flee danger to simply stay put in a car.

Reactions: MISERYinlife
T

TuesdayTragedy

Jul 8, 2019
The kids were 3, 7, and 8. I looked up ages wondering if they were infants strapped into car seats. I must wonder how one gets kids who are old enough to flee danger to simply stay put in a car.

There was a case where a couple took their lives and that of their children not too long ago in California. While their method was to just drive off a cliff if memory serves me right what they did was spiked the kids drinks with sleeping pills or something that knocked them out. Perhaps this woman used a similar method and all the children could have been sleeping before there was any danger.

Either way, this is very wrong. Hurting other people is never the right path and those kids deserved at-least a chance to find happiness and a full life.

• Hmph!
  • Aww..
Reactions: Asta, 1964dodge, jake3d and 4 others
M

MISERYinlife

life then Death
Jan 18, 2019
Yes I also looked at the ages of there was pain or panic I think the 7and 8 year old would have got out? Idk I wonder if they just went without any warning or what being this is my planned method

Q

Quantumsupply

Jul 13, 2019
There was a case where a couple took their lives and that of their children not too long ago in California. While their method was to just drive off a cliff if memory serves me right what they did was spiked the kids drinks with sleeping pills or something that knocked them out. Perhaps this woman used a similar method and all the children could have been sleeping before there was any danger.

Either way, this is very wrong. Hurting other people is never the right path and those kids deserved at-least a chance to find happiness and a full life.
Agreed

Reactions: 1964dodge
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I don't have kids and I'm suicidal, so maybe that's why I have this point of view, but from what I've seen, often times when parents come on suicide forums to say they want to commit suicide, other users will respond that they shouldn't because they need to live for their kids.

It makes me wonder if some suicidal parents listen to that view that they need to be there for their kids and figure if they get to a point they can't live any longer, they might as well kill their kids with them since people tell them the children will be lost without them.

Not saying it makes it right, but it's the only reason I can think of to justify why so many suicidal parents kill their kids with them. You hear about mom's jumping out of windows with their kids and murder-suicides between family members on the news all the time.

Reactions: 1964dodge, Maravillosa, Soulless_Angel and 2 others
The Mute Viking

The Mute Viking

α †⊕r†⊕urεd p⊕ε†
Oct 10, 2018
T
I don't have kids and I'm suicidal, so maybe that's why I have this point of view, but from what I've seen, often times when parents come on suicide forums to say they want to commit suicide, other users will respond that they shouldn't because they need to live for their kids.

It makes me wonder if some suicidal parents listen to that view that they need to be there for their kids and figure if they get to a point they can't live any longer, they might as well kill their kids with them since people tell them the children will be lost without them.

Not saying it makes it right, but it's the only reason I can think of to justify why so many suicidal parents kill their kids with them. You hear about mom's jumping out of windows with their kids and murder-suicides between family members on the news all the time.
This, a thousand times, this.

Reactions: HGL91
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018

Now I'm wondering if this (the first part) is why my mom didn't kill herself. Considering that she once tried to burn herself at the stove, I'm guessing that there's an outside chance that this might be the case. If it was, and she wanted to kill me along with herself, all she needed to do was ask. I'd have said yes without thinking, even if I hadn't been suicidal.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mute Viking
DreamCatcher

DreamCatcher

Still searching
Jun 18, 2019
I'm sure it wasn't fun, as the CO levels climbed it was probably very nausea and headache inducing for everyone in the car before it got to levels that could cause unconsciousness or death. Just depends on how long that took I guess.

I'm not sure a sick feeling child would know to get out of the car and get fresh air to stop it though. It doesn't even cross adult minds when they are exposed to CO and don't know the symptoms.

Reactions: The Mute Viking
seekingoblivion

seekingoblivion

Arcanist
Dec 11, 2018

Yeah I've been on that conclusion for a while. They probably think "might as well take them with me than leave them to suffer after I die".

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Cases of families dying accidentally from CO poisoning are not rare, often it's a faulty boiler in a holiday let and the family die in their sleep.
The newspapers then invariably tell us that CO is known as "The Silent Killer" because it creeps up stealthily.
Presumably there are some early symptoms which might just alert a wakeful person, but these are insufficient to awaken somebody who is normally sleeping.
It's why we have CO alarms in our houses.
Cases of parents killing their children also include those where one parent kills the kids to spite the other, when they divorce or separate. "If I can't have the kids, then you win't Have them either."

Last edited:
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
Ugh, so awful.

Obviously she had some kind of mental illness but I wish she would've left the kids alone.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Now I'm wondering if this (the first part) is why my mom didn't kill herself. Considering that she once tried to burn herself at the stove, I'm guessing that there's an outside chance that this might be the case. If it was, and she wanted to kill me along with herself, all she needed to do was ask. I'd have said yes without thinking, even if I hadn't been suicidal.

It is possible. I've known quite a few moms, including 2 of my 3 older sisters that have been suicidal but the whole family told them they have to live for their kids. Then a cousin of mine got Lyme Disease and Thyroid Cancer in her early 30s and she wanted to commit suicide but her parents and siblings told her she had to stay alive for her 3 young boys.

I'm with you though. I'd totally have been down for a suicide pact with my mom. Although, my birth mom is still alive, but my grandmother died by hanging herself.

• Hugs
Reactions: RM5998