hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
Whats your favourite type of genre of music?

Feel free to give examples and link music.

It would be nice if you explained why you like the type of music you enjoy.

Feel free to rant about it also.

Reactions: redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

"cut me clean, till i can't think anymore."
Feb 12, 2023
I really enjoy a lot of different genres, but I'd say my favourite genre is rock. A lot of rock music gives me a sense of nostalgia as that's the kind of music I grew up with. I really enjoy anything alternative as well. A big reason that I enjoy alternative music is often times for the lyrics - having songs that have relatable lyrics with a catchy tune is something that I usually really like. One song that wouldn't particularly be my kind of thing, as I prefer heavier music, is High Definition by Waterparks (my favourite band!). The lyrics of that song are super relatable and I love the tune with it. I also enjoy songs from artists such as My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon and System of a Down. What about you?

(If you saw me edit that a bunch of times, sorry! I feel paranoid about somebody irl seeing this and being able to tell that it's me lol)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: hxppythxught
hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
I really enjoy a lot of different genres, but I'd say my favourite genre is rock. A lot of rock music gives me a sense of nostalgia as that's the kind of music I grew up with. I really enjoy anything alternative as well. A big reason that I enjoy alternative music is often times for the lyrics - having songs that have relatable lyrics with a catchy tune is something that I usually really like. One song that wouldn't particularly be my kind of thing, as I prefer heavier music, is High Definition by Waterparks (my favourite band!). The lyrics of that song are super relatable and I love the tune with it. I also enjoy songs from artists such as My Chemical Romance, Bring Me The Horizon and System of a Down. What about you?

(If you saw me edit that a bunch of times, sorry! I feel paranoid about somebody irl seeing this and being able to tell that it's me lol)
I also like listening to rock, I listen to a lot of older music also (50's, 60's ect)

I really like Metallica, Pink Floyd and Mindless Self Indulgence.

• Love
Reactions: redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
I also like listening to rock, I listen to a lot of older music also (50's, 60's ect)

I really like Metallica, Pink Floyd and Mindless Self Indulgence.
Oooh that's so cool - older rock music is great!! I like msi too btw :D

hxppythxught

hxppythxught

。゚•┈୨♡୧┈• 。゚
Feb 14, 2023
Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: nico_wren and redisblue
redisblue

redisblue

Feb 12, 2023
  • Hugs
sick.faery

sick.faery

Mar 18, 2021
i listen to litterally everything but mainly rap, pop, rock, kpop... & metal. for why i like rap i really just really like how rap sounds and kinda like the vibe a lot of rappers have (that whole like i'm cool as fuck and a bad b thing) plus half of the music out there is rap so it's kinda inevitable your gonna end up at least listening to it. for pop it's just the standard genre so naturally gonna find a lot stuff to listen to and like that are that, dont really have a specific reason. for rock aside from just really really liking the sound (like the riffs, bass, the vocal styles) it's also cause most rock stuff is either sad, angry or emotional in some way and i just really like that, also darker aesthetics. for kpop (you can judge me ig lol) i like how most people look so perfect, the drip, the dancing, combining rap + pop, aesthetic mvs. for metal i like the dark aesthetic a lot, the screams, the riffs

stermc

stermc

libertas quae sera tamen
Nov 24, 2022
I would say my favorite genre is rock, grunge to be specific. The biggest example, in my opinion, of grunge is Nirvana, but I also love Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Temple of the Dog, Audioslave. When it comes to rock in general, I listen to a lot of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Queen, Beatles, Tears for Fears, The Smiths, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Doors, Joy Division. Also listen to Linkin Park, Slipknot, System of a Down, Rage against the Machine, Metallica. I like some "new" rock/pop too, such as Paramore, Arctic Monkeys, Hozier, Coldplay. I also love Bon Iver. Some pop music too, especially Rihanna, Beyonce, Doja Cat… randomly, depending on the song.
Rap and hiphop, such as XXXTentacion, Trippie Redd, Juice WRLD, Frank Ocean, Kendrick Lamar, Kanye West…
Then there is Brazilian Music. The classics: Cazuza, Nando Reis, Cassia Eller, Legião Urbana, Capital Inicial, Elis Regina, Belchior, Chico Buarque, Caetano Veloso, Cartola, Alceu Valença… and the ""newest"" bands or singers, such as Los Hermanos, Marina Serra, Ludmilla, Charlie Brown Jr., Pitty, Baco Exu do Blues, Luiz Lins, Gabriel Pensador, Poesia Acústica, Gloria Groove.

I could stay hours telling you about them lol.
The reason that makes me like a song is the sensation of wanting to run naked through a forest. Or when it makes me go to another world.

• Love
Reactions: Ultracheese and hxppythxught
JJMaynard97

JJMaynard97

JJ’s Dead Inside, Time to Say Bye Bye!!
Mar 17, 2023
Whats your favourite type of genre of music?

Feel free to give examples and link music.

It would be nice if you explained why you like the type of music you enjoy.

Feel free to rant about it also.
All forms of Rock, Like Grunge Music so Pearl Jam, Nirvana and Soundgarden. Those bands I feel speak to people like us, who are on here. But that being said, I'm an Elvis Fan. So Elvis Presley, I like other bands like The Who, The Rolling Stones, Kasabian, Oasis Lynyrd Skynyrd and So On……… Favourite Track by Nirvana would be Lithium, Something in the Way or Polly.