Lost
Sep 15, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: deflationary, lucid, it's_all_a_game and 3 others
Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Ahhh Hell Yes, music has that certain Magic and power to just help me relax and forget shit.... Temporarily.

Couldnt agree with you Anymore on this. Great post + 1

Butch

• Love
Reactions: Dymming Star6, Cyan1999, hʚll and 1 other person
Cyan1999

Cyan1999

Oct 18, 2020
Es cierto, escuchar música es lo mejor, siento me distrae y solo quiero escuchar música por mucho tiempo y cuando realizo otras actividades, aunque me gustan de muchos tipos, recientemente encontré algunas canciones que me encantan aunque son populares y yo no las había escuchado antes pero se que soy muy cambiante en cuanto a gustos musicales y empezare a escuchar otras canciones en muy poco tiempo.
algunas son:
Echosmith - Cool kids - Vance Joy - Riptide - You Grouplove - Tongue Tied

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, ketchup sandwich and hʚll
hʚll

hʚll

not real.
Jun 18, 2021
music is literally all i have. probably only thing that still brings me a bit comfort while in pain.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Grav, Cast_Away, lucid and 3 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Music has always helped me cope, even though these days I do not use headphones that much because of ear problems. My favourite band has always been Evanescence and my favourite song, which I can relate to a lot is Funeral Cry by Dark Sanctuary, which is what my username is named after.

• Love
Reactions: LONE WOLF., Huntfish34, Dymming Star6 and 5 others
TheLoneWolf

TheLoneWolf

Mar 2, 2021
Piano & Jazz/saxophone

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Cyan1999 and ketchup sandwich
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
New Wave and synth-pop from the early to mid 80's has prolonged my death. There's just so many beautiful tracks that really speak to the human condition. Naked Eyes, OMD, Echo & The Bunnymen, Ultravox, The Psychedelic Furs, and so many more... :heart:

• Love
Reactions: newave3, Huntfish34 and ketchup sandwich
O

overcomingfear

Experienced
Sep 1, 2020
Death - Suicide machine

• Love
Reactions: ketchup sandwich
C

come to dust

Arcanist
Oct 28, 2019
ambient music like stars of the lid

• Love
Reactions: ketchup sandwich
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Music from Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, A Flock of Seagulls, Berlin, New Order, Depeche Mode, Blondie, Bananrama, Bow Wow Wow, The Pogues, INXS, Simple Minds, Talking Heads , Elvis Costello, The Police, The Motels, Romeo Void, Ministry, Flesh for Lulu, The Cars, Stray Cats, Men at Work, The Fixx, The Fall, The Church, The Psychedelic Furs, OMD, Spandau Ballet, The Comsat Angels, Nina Hagen, Bronski Beat, The Belle Stars, XTC, X-ray Spex, The Pretenders, The Thompson Twins, Real Life, The Bangles, The Go Go's, B-52's, The Clash, Level 42, Squeeze, Adam Ant, Jona Lewis, The Au Pairs, China Crisis, Pet Shop Boys, The Eurythmics, ABC, Modern English, The Ramones, The New York Dolls, Joe Jackson, Soft Cell, Talk Talk, The Jam, Oingo Boingo, Altered Images, Big Country, Naked Eyes, Split Enz, Ultravox, Erasure, Animotion, Blancmange, Midnight Oli, Madness, The Call, Missing Persons, Wall of Voodoo, Til Tuesday, Dead or Alive, Men without Hats, The Tubes, The Specials, Bauhaus, The Specials, Information Society.......and many others help me cope.

• Love
Reactions: ketchup sandwich and it's_all_a_game
it's_all_a_game

it's_all_a_game

I remember...death in the afternoon...
Nov 7, 2020
Music from Tears for Fears, Duran Duran, A Flock of Seagulls, Berlin, New Order, Depeche Mode, Blondie, Bananrama, Bow Wow Wow, The Pogues, INXS, Simple Minds, Talking Heads , Elvis Costello, The Police, The Motels, Romeo Void, Ministry, Flesh for Lulu, The Cars, Stray Cats, Men at Work, The Fixx, The Fall, The Church, The Psychedelic Furs, OMD, Spandau Ballet, The Comsat Angels, Nina Hagen, Bronski Beat, The Belle Stars, XTC, X-ray Spex, The Pretenders, The Thompson Twins, Real Life, The Bangles, The Go Go's, B-52's, The Clash, Level 42, Squeeze, Adam Ant, Jona Lewis, The Au Pairs, China Crisis, Pet Shop Boys, The Eurythmics, ABC, Modern English, The Ramones, The New York Dolls, Joe Jackson, Soft Cell, Talk Talk, The Jam, Oingo Boingo, Altered Images, Big Country, Naked Eyes, Split Enz, Ultravox, Erasure, Animotion, Blancmange, Midnight Oli, Madness, The Call, Missing Persons, Wall of Voodoo, Til Tuesday, Dead or Alive, Men without Hats, The Tubes, The Specials, Bauhaus, The Specials, Information Society.......and many others help me cope.
Hahaha wow I love almost all those groups as well! The New Wave scene was a beautiful era, wasn't it? :love: Out of all those, I think The Clash, Naked Eyes, Tears For Fears, OMD, Simple Minds, The Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, Thompson Twins, Squeeze, Ultravox, Depeche Mode, XTC, and Altered Images have many songs that fit the suicidal mindset. Ure-led Ultravox is my fave band for when I'm wishing I'm dead; "I Never Wanted To Begin", "I Remember (Death In The Afternoon)", & "When The Scream Subsides" are suicide notes put to lyrics :heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ketchup sandwich and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Hahaha wow I love almost all those groups as well! The New Wave scene was a beautiful era, wasn't it? :love: Out of all those, I think The Clash, Naked Eyes, Tears For Fears, OMD, Simple Minds, The Psychedelic Furs, Talking Heads, Thompson Twins, Squeeze, Ultravox, Depeche Mode, XTC, and Altered Images have many songs that fit the suicidal mindset. Ure-led Ultravox is my fave band for when I'm wishing I'm dead; "I Never Wanted To Begin", "I Remember (Death In The Afternoon)", & "When The Scream Subsides" are suicide notes put to lyrics :heart:

It's great to see another lover of new wave music here. I will check out the songs you listed and listen closely to the lyrics.
I was being ....how would the British say?......cheeky? ..... for listing so many groups. I am an American so I will say I was being a wise guy. In any case, I grew up on music and movies from the '70's and 80's and still love it.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game
Alucard

Alucard

Wizard
Feb 8, 2019
Daylight has finally reached it's end
As evenfall strikes into the sky
Far away in the dark glimpsing moonlight
Sickening souls cry out in pain

Whispering voices summoning screams
Waiting for Satan to bless their sins
Blackhearted angels fallen from grace
Possessed by the search for utter darkness

Hear the cries from the Mourning Palace
Feel the gloom of restless spirits
Hear the screams from the Mouring Palace
Feel the doom of haunting chants

Eternal is their lives in misery
Eternal is their lives in grief
Abandoned in a void of nothingness
A chain of anger, a fetter of despair

In this garden of depraved beings
This unsacred place of helpless ones
Satan blessed the creatures
Inswathed them in endless night

Whispering voices, summoning screams
Waiting for Satan to bless their sins
Blackhearted angels fallen from grace
Possessed by the search for utter darkness

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
Music has always been the one thing to help me get through. Usually it's some metal and I'm on a doom binge for the last 6 months. I can always fit in some ST and Megadeth but I grew up on "rock" before it got all subdivided so I listen to a lot from 70's through current. Lots of ideas I have I can realize aren't my own and don't feel so stranded.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
my iPod is 80Gb, it's not even half full and has more than 500 songs, if I shuffle there's everything from Enya to Maylin Manson. All kinds of songs. It's my fav thing in the world. I call it the shuffle of emotions iPod.

UseItOrLoseIt

UseItOrLoseIt

1O'8
Dec 4, 2020
Tool fans get a lot of bad rep for being pretentious or what-not. Well, what can you do. There's a point where honesty and pretentiousness overlap, I guess. There is only Tool for me. I've been listening to them for over 15 years. Of course I listen to other stuff but nothing comes close and I always come back.
Also worth mentioning is Massive Attack's album Mezzanine. When I was first hospitalized for od-ing on sleeping pills, this album made my stay a lot more comfortable. It was like a journey of discovery, every time I'd listen to it new sounds and harmonies would surface, and what seemed like the darkest music suddenly became uplifting. How fitting (and obviously deliberate) that behind the album cover that depicts a creepy bug is a bright orange cd.

Reactions: Grav