sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I recently saw this comment: "The basic laws of quantum physics show that we live in a multiverse. If there are different universes and an infinite space with infinite galaxies, then the laws of statistics show that only is it statistically definite that there are aliens but also that we all have a double with our name and our life living out there in the multiverse."

Do you think that this is true? I don't think that it would be the same exact life though.

Reactions: NocturnILL, username8888 and R_N
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
We currently don't know anything for sure, and because of that we can't necessarily believe anything, either, especially those things that are beyond our consciousness and our understanding like the concept that you mentioned. Without sufficient knowledge it is irrational to believe in something like that so I personally don't think that comment is stating something true.

Reactions: Ashu and sserafim
edu0z

edu0z

carried away by a moonlight shadow
Aug 25, 2021
There are several theories of the multiverse, the multiple big bangs, that of string theory... the one that I am most inclined to believe is that the universe is infinite and therefore in an infinite universe our universe would be defined by the visible universe , which is the universe that we can see through the light that reaches us from the big bang, which is 13.7 billion light years away, and outside of our visible universe there would be more space, infinite, and it is what we call other parallel universes.

Infinity is such a complicated concept for the human mind to understand, that if this theory is true, it is not that you would only have a clone out there... but that there would be infinite variables of your own existence since it is infinite, there are infinite possibilities. Therefore, in an infinite universe there is a 100% chance that there has been another solar system just like ours with another earth and another person like you who has made a different decision, infinite solar systems with infinite earths with infinite people like you ...yes, it's a headache, I've fantasized about it a lot.

Reactions: NocturnILL and sserafim
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
I do ponder thoughts like this sometimes, but I don't think that it is true, because you can't really disprove its existence, in theory you are not meant to interact with those universes and it is impossible to say whether or not they actually exist or not, it would be a scary reality if it was true,

but I think that this universe is the only one that actually exists and the only me that there is and ever will be

Reactions: sserafim
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Old jrpg I love explored this but I don't believe it.

I think it is interesting concept tho and it would be surreal to meet your other self/selves.

Reactions: sserafim
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
We don't know anything and we will never find proof that there may be other universes. But if you have an infinite amount of time everything is possible according to quantum physics imo.

Reactions: sserafim and NocturnILL