SplitInfrastructure

SplitInfrastructure

becoming the lastnames by will wood
Jun 7, 2023
Today is the day Im moving out, my friend and her dad is coming in less than an hour, Im so stressed I cant even begin to explain it, Im drinking a beer with my friend Im living with right now and Im all over the place, I made sure to pack everything up but Ill mis this place so much and Ill have to learn how to get around the new city
I feel like I should be happier about this, but I cant really feel anything but the stress, maybe it will get better once I see my bestie and well cuddle after the long road

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Rational man, enough of this, feder and 4 others
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
May I ask why you are moving? It's a bit hard to cheer you up without knowing the reason.

• Hugs
Reactions: SplitInfrastructure
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
It's bound to feel scary. Change is scary. It may well end up being better though. You may struggle at first- but, chances are- you'll be able to handle it while it's happening. I've found quite often the idea of something is worse than the actual thing. I'm talking from experience too- I've packed up three times now- moved somewhere entirely new- not knowing a soul. Either for a course (uni) or- for work. It may end up being the best thing you've ever done, or- it may have been a mistake- in which case- you'll need to work out what best to do next. Wheels are in motion now though. Just do your very best to go with the flow and accept the support I'm sure your best friend will give you. Good luck!

• Hugs
Unattainable666

Unattainable666

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2023
Let us know how the move goes. Change is always hard, but think of this as an exciting experience. You will be fine!!!!

• Hugs
Reactions: SplitInfrastructure and enough of this
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Its okay to feel scared. Fear is part of the process. But you will rock it. Even if its scary go ahead for what you think its best for you. Best wishes on this new chapter.

• Hugs
Reactions: SplitInfrastructure and enough of this
feder

feder

I'm more scarred more scarred than my wrist is.
Apr 13, 2023
I'm also moving out in 2 weeks, feeling the same, like I should be happy but in reality I don't feel anything positive, its just scary. Change of any kind is always scary, even if its good. Hopefully its for the better and you quickly get accustomed to the new environment . Best of luck and safe travels!

• Hugs
SplitInfrastructure

SplitInfrastructure

becoming the lastnames by will wood
Jun 7, 2023
May I ask why you are moving? It's a bit hard to cheer you up without knowing the reason.
mostly the fact that my mom is abusive, I was pretty much avoiding her for a longer while, so she cant reach me
It's bound to feel scary. Change is scary. It may well end up being better though. You may struggle at first- but, chances are- you'll be able to handle it while it's happening. I've found quite often the idea of something is worse than the actual thing. I'm talking from experience too- I've packed up three times now- moved somewhere entirely new- not knowing a soul. Either for a course (uni) or- for work. It may end up being the best thing you've ever done, or- it may have been a mistake- in which case- you'll need to work out what best to do next. Wheels are in motion now though. Just do your very best to go with the flow and accept the support I'm sure your best friend will give you. Good luck!

Let us know how the move goes. Change is always hard, but think of this as an exciting experience. You will be fine!!!!

Its okay to feel scared. Fear is part of the process. But you will rock it. Even if its scary go ahead for what you think its best for you. Best wishes on this new chapter.
I'm also moving out in 2 weeks, feeling the same, like I should be happy but in reality I don't feel anything positive, its just scary. Change of any kind is always scary, even if its good. Hopefully its for the better and you quickly get accustomed to the new environment . Best of luck and safe travels!
We got home late, so I havent had the chance to unpack yet, but Ill do it later today while we have some earrands to do, Im still stressed but at least I have someone on my side

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: feder and Valky
Valky

Valky

Petulant Child
Apr 4, 2023
That sounds great then!!
I am really happy for you :) I am sure that it hasn't been an easy decision but you got this!!

I really wish you all the best, you got this

• Hugs
Rational man

Rational man

Enlightened
Oct 19, 2021
I admire you and anyone for having the strength to escape abuse. No-one should have to tolerate abuse. Its always hard when change happens but when i fled my narcissistic family, i found myself and it saved me. Best wishes.

• Hugs