Ihatemylife6

Ihatemylife6

I’m not living my life, I’m just surviving
Nov 9, 2022
I need movies to help distract myself from my existential crisis. Or anything of that matter to distract myself from it. I can't stop with these racing non stop thoughts of the facts of life. And that we see the good after death which is true to me and no one can convince me otherwise. But it's staring to affect me.

• Hugs
Reactions: LifeQuitter, jar-baby, kuuAmiore and 1 other person
kuuAmiore

kuuAmiore

a million little pieces | ru
Feb 14, 2023
" i feel pretty (2018) ". Я нахожу этот фильм приятным. Он смешной! Я всегда включаю его, когда мне грустно и я унываю :(

• Hugs
Reactions: Ihatemylife6
gummycentipede

gummycentipede

Someone You Hate
May 29, 2023
This is an incredibly random suggestion I don't expect you to like, but I figured why not: if you like a good story, maybe try the French musical Les Misérables? 😅

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: JohnnySack, Ihatemylife6 and kuuAmiore
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Watch all the Fast and Furious movies. By then you'll probably be too brain rotted to think properly about real life as well. 😎

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady Laudanum and Ihatemylife6
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
And that we see the good after death which is true to me and no one can convince me otherwise. But it's staring to affect me.
Are you talking about a traditional afterlife? And that your racing thoughts are challenging your faith in that? If so, I'd suggest seeking out movies that reinforce your faith. Feel-good movies with often-religious overtones, angels, or anything relating to the spiritual.

Otherwise, personally when I'm dealing with existential dread of my own, I usually go for movies that sort of have a timeless aspect to them... So either something totally fantasy-based, or a space-based science fiction... I find also that movies set in the (usually distant) past or very far into the future can also be a comfort or distraction for this.

• Hugs
Ihatemylife6

Ihatemylife6

Nov 9, 2022
Are you talking about a traditional afterlife? And that your racing thoughts are challenging your faith in that? If so, I'd suggest seeking out movies that reinforce your faith. Feel-good movies with often-religious overtones, angels, or anything relating to the spiritual.

Otherwise, personally when I'm dealing with existential dread of my own, I usually go for movies that sort of have a timeless aspect to them... So either something totally fantasy-based, or a space-based science fiction... I find also that movies set in the (usually distant) past or very far into the future can also be a comfort or distraction for this.
Thank you! Sorry if you see this replied too twice, I replied but it didn't reply like this it was weird.

But for me I believed in seeing everything black since I could remember. But I was content with it, until I wasn't. It was because I realized I will never see my dead pets and dead family/my current pets and family again. And it's affecting me do badly.

I've been crying everyday for a week straight to the point of dehydration and headaches. I don't know what's gotten into me. When I hear something about people dying I just cry. The word dead is becoming a trigger. Especially if they remind me of myself in the way that they have have a bad life and die. I feel like that's happening to me, and I feel so bad for those people. I wish they got a happy ending, I wish all of us did. It's not fair, that we see nothing and don't get reunited with family after we die. I'm loosing touch with reality! ;(

I really hope you solve your existential crisis, I'm so sorry you are also having one. I'm sorry if I vented! Thank you sm for the movie suggestions, I like space content too. It's comforting to me
" i feel pretty (2018) ". Я нахожу этот фильм приятным. Он смешной! Я всегда включаю его, когда мне грустно и я унываю :(
Thank you sm!! I'll check them out!

• Love
Reactions: -Link-
xxCuteSprinklesxx

xxCuteSprinklesxx

Hi! :>
May 3, 2024
I need movies to help distract myself from my existential crisis. Or anything of that matter to distract myself from it. I can't stop with these racing non stop thoughts of the facts of life. And that we see the good after death which is true to me and no one can convince me otherwise. But it's staring to affect me.
Hmmm… maybe comedy movies like The Fall Guy (the one starring Ryan Gosling & Emily Blunt)?

• Love
Ihatemylife6

Ihatemylife6

Nov 9, 2022
What kind of movies do you like?
Mostly horror, but I don't think it's suited for me at the moment!
Now You See Me movie collection
Thank you sm!! I'll check it out!!
Watch all the Fast and Furious movies. By then you'll probably be too brain rotted to think properly about real life as well. 😎
Thank you!! I'll check those out, I heard a lot about them. About time I watched an action movie!! I definitely need to rewatch them!!
This is an incredibly random suggestion I don't expect you to like, but I figured why not: if you like a good story, maybe try the French musical Les Misérables? 😅
I'll check it out! I don't mind if it's a international movie!! I do like to explore those too! Thank you sm!!
Hmmm… maybe comedy movies like The Fall Guy (the one starring Ryan Gosling & Emily Blunt)?
Thanks I'll check them out!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Just_Another_Person

Just_Another_Person

Student
Sep 16, 2024
The movies (not the series) 21 Jump Street and its sequel 22 Jump Street.

If you already seen 300 then watch Meet the Spartans, it is stupid but you gonna have some laughs and not think about serious things for a little.

JohnnySack

JohnnySack

Boss of the Lupertazzi crime family.
Sep 17, 2024
i saw The Martian recently and it's REALLY good, legitimately better than interstellar imo. (that one is good too!)

different vibe completely, but one of my all time favorite movies is Harakiri, if you're into older samurai movies i recommend that as well.

TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Mostly horror, but I don't think it's suited for me at the moment!
That is my least watched genre so I can´t help much there but with other movies I know a lot of good ones, maybe try and look at the most praised movies out there from great directors they usually never let you down.

JohnnySack

JohnnySack

Boss of the Lupertazzi crime family.
Sep 17, 2024
back with another rec, The Man From Earth is another amazing movie. you can even watch it on Youtube.

J

justpathetic

Pathetic
Sep 15, 2024
I like well made movies with good stories I can get lost in. LoTR movies are wonderful. The original 3 are the best but the hobbit ones are good too. I tried to watch the series it's awful imo. A dogs purpose movies are good but they'll make you cry especially if you have a dog.

yellowjester

yellowjester

Experienced
Jun 2, 2024
Breathless (1960). It's like a crime film but without any plot. Just the aesthetic of being a lawless rebel who does whatever he feels like doing and acts on every selfish impulse he has. Not sure if this is what you're looking for though. It's more arthouse I would say but I found it really fun to watch.