Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Drunkenness is one thing, but I feel like suicidal ideation also alters how I perceive movies. Just watched a movie I wouldn't normally enjoy under any normal circumstances and got a lot out of it. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I wonder if other people have had the same experiences.

For one, people wasting their lives away out of fear or committing to some stupid obligation that isn't worth it just really weighs on me when I'm down in the dumps. I see myself in the characters, and I am reminded once again of how much I am wasting my life - and for what? Just so I can blow my brains out with a gun I bought from Value Pawn at the end? With no pain avoided? And no gain? What a fucking waste of a human life!

Some of my favorite movies became so when I watched them drunk and suicidal. These two factors seemed to be necessary ingredients for me understanding the films' main themes.

• Love
Reactions: Lost Magic and jodes2
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
I have such trouble following movies these days. Attention span of a sodding goldfish. I can only really etvanything out of movies I've seen 100 times or I lose the plot

Reactions: Angst Filled Fuck Up, Lost Magic and lachrymost
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have such trouble following movies these days. Attention span of a sodding goldfish. I can only really etvanything out of movies I've seen 100 times or I lose the plot
Have you tried watching drunk as I have? I sometimes have the same trouble you describe and have found that alcohol narrows my focus.

Reactions: lachrymost
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Illuminated
May 5, 2020
I can't drink alcohol anymore due to the prozac that I am on. I watch the occasional movie and tv show. I think I may start watching more stuff that has to do with dying and suicide now that I am preparing myself. I did watch Girl Interrupted not long ago. I love Pacino's death in Insomnia. He's so tired (hasn't slept for a long time) and while he is dying he just wants to finally go to sleep. It always had a profound effect on me, even before I was suicidal.

• Hugs
Reactions: Celerity