DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
Looking for Movies, Documentaries, TV-Series, & etc... dealing with Mental Illness, Loneliness, CTB, Drug Abuse, Psychological Thriller, & the like, etc...

What are some of your favorites that come to mind? Discussions/Questions whether watched/unwatched are Encouraged. Thanks for Reading & being part of the Conversation!

I will start it off, by listing some favorites from the top of my head in no particular order.

1. Basket Diaries
2. The Game
3. Anesthesia
4. The Bridge
5. Shawshank Redemption

Last edited:
Reactions: Lostandlooking and psp3000
pompompurin

pompompurin

girls like us are rotten to the core
Apr 27, 2023
I'm not entirely sure if Death Parade suits this thread but nevertheless it's a good anime with some Psychological themes

Reactions: DeepCD
carac

carac

"and if this is the end, i am glad i met you."
May 27, 2023
I kind of like louis theroux's approach to documentaries, he tries to just talk to people with little judgment. He did one on terminally ill ending their own lives. He also done some with addiction and things like autism, eating disorders and pedophiles.

Last edited:
Ruma

Ruma

Experienced
Dec 26, 2021
A good ctb movie is 'seven pound's with will smith.

P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
If you enjoyed or liked Basketball Diaries I recommend the films

Trainspotting (1996) (I liked this one a lot it was beautifully shot)
and
Requiem for a Dream (2000) (I watched this one it definitely scared me when I watched it since I was about 16 when viewing it most people have mixed reviews on this one or enjoyed it since it's a classic)

this documentary is not similar to The Bridge completely since the person discussed in this film didn't commit suicide as far as everyone knows and it is just a speculation but it does relate to the theme of substance abuse

There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane (2011)

just a warning but is graphic near the end (images of the deceased body) and is based on a very infamous incident

Reactions: deleted, DeepCD and Lostandlooking
DeepCD

DeepCD

Oct 2, 2023
If you enjoyed or liked Basketball Diaries I recommend the films

Trainspotting (1996) (I liked this one a lot it was beautifully shot)
and
Requiem for a Dream (2000) (I watched this one it definitely scared me when I watched it since I was about 16 when viewing it most people have mixed reviews on this one or enjoyed it since it's a classic)

this documentary is not similar to The Bridge completely since the person discussed in this film didn't commit suicide as far as everyone knows and it is just a speculation but it does relate to the theme of substance abuse

There's Something Wrong with Aunt Diane (2011)

just a warning but is graphic near the end (images of the deceased body) and is based on a very infamous incident
Thanks for sharing! I will most definitely check them out. đź«‚

• Hugs
Reactions: psp3000