GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
I was wondering if anyone had any tips on staying motivated. I have lost all motivation for doing things I once enjoyed like art, reading, and writing. Even though I really want to do stuff like work on art projects or make a comic book, I just feel like I have no energy to do it. Maybe it's depression, maybe i'm just a lazy pos, either way I want to get off my ass and do something without giving up halfway through.

Reactions: cassxtho, Spiked_Coffee, epic and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
You just need to just push yourself to start, hopefully you'll find motivation to keep doing it. If you give up half way, have a break for a bit, do something else then try again

Reactions: GRIM_DEADMAN
Spiked_Coffee

Spiked_Coffee

Who am I?
Feb 14, 2023
write down your goals, write subgoals to every goal, write a rational date of when you want to finish your goal (not too fast and not too late). Than stick to your goals. Alsoo i have often heard that it is really helpful to wright it down on paper so your subconscius mind will remember it AND read your goals every day so you dont forget them.

For example: Goal: make a comic book:
Subgoals:
- Write a page a day or spend 15 minutes writing it.
- read different comic books
- study how comic books are written
... etc.
Finishing Date: 20.05.2023

I hope this helped. Much love and good luck :heart:

• Love
Reactions: sleepydreamer and GRIM_DEADMAN
GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
write down your goals, write subgoals to every goal, write a rational date of when you want to finish your goal (not too fast and not too late). Than stick to your goals. Alsoo i have often heard that it is really helpful to wright it down on paper so your subconscius mind will remember it AND read your goals every day so you dont forget them.

For example: Goal: make a comic book:
Subgoals:
- Write a page a day or spend 15 minutes writing it.
- read different comic books
- study how comic books are written
... etc.
Finishing Date: 20.05.2023

I hope this helped. Much love and good luck :heart:
I'll try this, thanks!

• Love
Reactions: Spiked_Coffee
cassxtho

cassxtho

Deftones Fan
Nov 8, 2022
Have a day to yourself where you don't do anything. Having one "me" day a week motivates me to get stuff done because it's like a nice little rest.

Reactions: GRIM_DEADMAN
WellDefinedChin

WellDefinedChin

Jan 20, 2023
Don't rely on motivation; it goes. Instead do things out of some cosmic obligation you decide on. Let your reasoning simple be just because.
Works for me, anyway. Motivation is nice when it comes, which is less frequently these days, but reliance on it will lead to stagnation when it goes.