plurkid

plurkid

Night is right
Mar 16, 2023
How do you guys push through the days and come up with the motivation to go to work and pay the bills and respond to messages? I'm losing so much energy that just putting up the "I'm fine" face is becoming exhausting. I can't discus it with people because they'll learn about my suicidal feelings and my job will be gone and with that much more will fall apart.

• Hugs
Reactions: endless_pain, cactusflower, dreamscape1111 and 1 other person
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023
I currently work a simple menial job at a café and it's definitely not my passion, but what keeps me going personally is knowing that I'm working towards my goals. Then those mundane things are stepping stones to something more worthwhile. We have to create meaning, find out our strengths and values, and then share them through some medium we love in some meaningful way that we love. Then you'll gladly do whatever it takes!

'When a person can't find a deep sense of meaning, they distract themselves with pleasure.' ~ Viktor Frankl

• Love
Reactions: endless_pain and cactusflower
cactusflower

cactusflower

here but not here
Apr 19, 2023
Def agree with knowing that it's working towards something more worthwhile. Maybe you can set aside time at the end of each day to do something meaningful like a hobby, rest, or writing about your feelings. Really just giving yourself something to look forward to after a long day is something I've found helps me.

It is a shame that most jobs nowadays lead to depressing outcomes, I feel more people now than ever feel unfulfilled in their jobs and yet keep going. I think it takes tremendous willpower to continue on without completely succumbing to darkness. But I think it's in appreciating the little things and setting aside time for ourselves and people close to us where we find that things are actually worthwhile.

Reactions: endless_pain