Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I hope all of you guys are having a good Mother's Day whether if you're celebrating it with your Mom's or not. I've thought about posting this in the recovery or off-topic section but it has to do with suicide and that is about my Mom's passing.

On May 16, it will be 19 years since my own Mom passed away from Suicide and the method was hanging. My Dad found her. What scarred me the most was there was claw marks on the rope and it seemed like she wanted to change her mind and escape, but it was too late. I was 8 at the time.

I remember she did a lot of partying when she was younger. Did a whole bunch of drugs and hungout with the wrong people and then later in life, it caught up to her. I remember moving in with my Grandparents because my Dad didn't trust her and thought she would do something to me. I also have a twin brother that is the same age as me but that's a different story for another time.

After the night she ended her life that was on May 16, 2002, I remember it being a rainy day. She ended up bankrupting my Dad and he had to sell everything. His really nice car and even the house. My Dad was really worried on what to do but luckily my Grandparents came in and paid a full $10,000 for my Mom's funeral and my Dad ended up paying them back.

Now just about 19 years later, it makes me imagine on what could've been and what she would be doing on the milestones of my life. I know some people here have bad relationships with their Mothers rather if it's abusive or something else entirely. I was definitely one of the unlucky ones to lose my Mom to suicide at such a young age of 8.

Wherever you are Mom, I hope I get to see you again after when this is all said and done. I have so much to tell you.

I hope it's not for a long time.

Happy Mother's Day Mom. RIP.

February 8, 1967 - May 16, 2002

Aged: 35

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga, SweetDreams500, FuneralCry and 8 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I bet if there's any kind of afterlife, your mom is in a much better place.
It's very nice of you to have written this.

Here, Mother's Day is celebrated in October and I don't have the best relationship with my "special" mother but well, we'll see what happens that day.

Hugs and love,

Matt

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, TicoDK and Joey
Joey

Joey

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2020
I bet if there's any kind of afterlife, your mom is in a much better place.
It's very nice of you to have written this.

Here, Mother's Day is celebrated in October and I don't have the best relationship with my "special" mother but well, we'll see what happens that day.

Hugs and love,

Matt
Thanks Matt! I hope you and your Mom get a long that day!

Anyways yeah I hope I get to see my Mom on the other side someday.

• Love
Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and WornOutLife