HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I want to CTB at a hotel or motel, but haven't been to one in a long time. Which chain businesses have closets that have a bar I can hang from??

Reactions: Astral316 and Baskol1
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
I would think that the higher end hotels would have the sturdiest bars to hang from, but unless you are a lightweight I think this is risky. Some bars only hold about 50 lbs and it's probably rare for even the sturdiest of bars to hold more than 150 or so.

Reactions: HGL91 and Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I would think that the higher end hotels would have the sturdiest bars to hang from, but unless you are a lightweight I think this is risky. Some bars only hold about 50 lbs and it's probably rare for even the sturdiest of bars to hold more than 150 or so.

I appreciate the feedback. So, even with partial hanging?

AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
Even with partial hanging?

Oh with partial then no--you wouldn't have your full body weight on the bar, right?

Anyway for partial you don't need a closet bar (which may in fact be too high for partial depending on your height), you could use a doorknob as Bourdain, Spade, and Williams did. All three used doorknobs if I'm not mistaken.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
Oh with partial then no--you wouldn't have your full body weight on the bar, right?

Anyway for partial you don't need a closet bar (which may in fact be too high for partial depending on your height), you could use a doorknob as Bourdain, Spade, and Williams did. All three used doorknobs if I'm not mistaken.

That's true. I just thought I'd try the method that is shown in the video on here where people accidentally pass out.

Reactions: Baskol1
AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
That's true. I just thought I'd try the method that is shown in the video on here where people accidentally pass out.

Oh, I didn't know there was a video. Can you link it? I 'm curious.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019

Yeah, I'm gonna try to find it. Ironically, it's on YouTube because it's a video of how "the choking game is dangerous. Look step by step how you can accidentally choke yourself to death by playful hanging."

AnnaJaspers

AnnaJaspers

Experienced
Jul 2, 2019
Yeah, I'm gonna try to find it. Ironically, it's on YouTube because it's a video of how "the choking game is dangerous. Look step by step how you can accidentally choke yourself to death by playful hanging."

I read your other post. As you know I am totally pro-choice so I won't try to talk you out of this, but...

This sounds impulsive to me. I'd wait awhile, please don't rush into this and allow healing from your med withdrawal. Then, reevaluate.

HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019

I read your other post. As you know I am totally pro-choice so I won't try to talk you out of this, but...

This sounds impulsive to me. I'd wait awhile, please don't rush into this and allow healing from your med withdrawal. Then, reevaluate.

Normally I'd agree, but I've been planning suicide (2nd time in my life actively) since April, so it's been a while.
@AnnaJaspers What do you think of the video? Pretty crazy how fast she blacks out, huh?

Last edited: