WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
For ex this site. I've come across a bunch of smart people. I'm talking the intellectual type, Philosophical and all. And everyone who seems happy in my life is dumb af. I've never met a smart person who could say they're happy. And I've met a lot of people from all walks of life. And to the contrary, only the dumb and shallow lovey dovey sparkly idiots who would jump on you and lecture you about "looking on the bright side" bs are living it up to the fullest.

Reactions: Trannydiary, Homecoming, ecmnesia and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Not in my experience. I don't know anyone irl who is very smart and suicidal. Of course, that doesn't mean they aren't suicidal. They might very well be and I lack knowledge of the fact.

Still, I don't think this forum is a good yardstick, because here you only meet suicidal people. So there's no way you can draw any general conclusions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Trannydiary, schopenh, WitheringAway and 2 others
Lupgevif

Lupgevif

Jul 23, 2020
My experience varies. Half the smart people I know are happy, the other half, very suicidal.

Reactions: Trannydiary, freefrommybody, WitheringAway and 2 others
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

Feb 19, 2019
I'd like to agree with you, because that would make me feel better about my own situation. I thought like that recently, although many intelligent and interesting people aren't satisfied with living, I think it has more to do with society then intelligence. Why? because smart people are aware of the decreasing quality of life, by this I mean, that nowadays everyone is subjected to the ever taxing and demanding world, no longer can we be free to indulge ourselves in our dreams and aspirations, and we are no longer valued by who we are :) but are judged by a strict set of rules, which make it harder for one to become their full potential. In Some ways modernization has become dull and lack luster, in my humble opinion

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway, XYZ and 1 other person
XYZ

XYZ

I just can’t get these damn wrists to bleed
Jul 22, 2020
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway and Silver Bullet
Silver Bullet

Silver Bullet

Feb 19, 2019
Thanks XYZ, glad you agree, makes me feel less alone , made me smile. so thank you.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway and XYZ
StateOfMind

StateOfMind

Liberty or Death
Apr 30, 2020
I believe science may have shown a correlation between intelligence and depression, but I'm not up to date on that.
If it turns out to be a fact I wouldn't be surprised.
After all Marvin was depressed.

Reactions: Trannydiary and WitheringAway
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
I think there's a general inverse correlation between intelligence and levels of happiness/wellbeing.

In 'Utilitarianism', JS Mill said: "It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied. And if the fool, or the pig, are a different opinion, it is because they only know their own side of the question."

I disagree with him. Better to be a pig or a fool if that entails happiness. But maybe I'm just saying that because I'm a dissatisfied fool.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway and 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
The title rings true for me too, but probably because I only try to get to know people who are suicidal.

I do think that feeling good and satisfied is more important than being intelligent. Smartness allows to spot consistent and detailed patterns, predict future events, and come up with the best solution, but I think it is good feelings and satisfaction what make a solution desirable or undesirable, and that intelligence is the tool to gain and maintain good feelings and satisfaction.

• Love
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway and KleinerWolf
SuicidalDream

SuicidalDream

Jun 1, 2019
I know a few smart people who aren't suicidal. They're well aware of how fucked up the world is and they use their passion for things like political theory and psychology as both an outlet and a way to help people. I think that kind of person is unfortunately very rare.

Reactions: Trannydiary and WitheringAway
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
The problem is not suicidal people with high intelligence, or be able to recognize the problems,
the real problem arises when smart people struggle to solve their problems,

In all seriousness, able to recognize a problem but unable to solve it,
is just as bad as living a clueless life.

Or perhaps they have no desires or expectations after all,
I do not know.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary, WitheringAway, Homecoming and 2 others
WitheringAway

WitheringAway

Ima shake the champagne bottle...
Jun 23, 2020
I'd like to agree with you, because that would make me feel better about my own situation. I thought like that recently, although many intelligent and interesting people aren't satisfied with living, I think it has more to do with society then intelligence. Why? because smart people are aware of the decreasing quality of life, by this I mean, that nowadays everyone is subjected to the ever taxing and demanding world, no longer can we be free to indulge ourselves in our dreams and aspirations, and we are no longer valued by who we are :) but are judged by a strict set of rules, which make it harder for one to become their full potential. In Some ways modernization has become dull and lack luster, in my humble opinion
Your humble opinion makes sense and I agree with you xx
In all seriousness, able to recognize a problem but unable to solve it,
is just as bad as living a clueless life.
Or recognizing the problem AND the solution but being incapable overall of pursuing said solution lol
I know a few smart people who aren't suicidal. They're well aware of how fucked up the world is and they use their passion for things like political theory and psychology as both an outlet and a way to help people. I think that kind of person is unfortunately very rare.
They could be suicidal too. You never know.

Last edited:

2Headpats4You

Oct 10, 2020
I've noticed the pattern too. Intelligence and morals, especially the latter will bring you as an individual nothing in life.
I have around 135 IQ and I should not have survived my most recent birthday. I plan to hang myself in the apartment I live in alone before the end of the month.

• Hugs
Reactions: Trannydiary and 262653