verdedefome

verdedefome

Oct 9, 2024
I've been to quite a few throughout my life and man they were fucking dense. Not trying to say they're unintelligent, just that they amount of bullshit I've seen psychologists spew on talk shows/podcasts and during sessions is astounding. The complete lack of understanding, the same platitudes, the same preconceptions, the palpable wall separating "normal people" from the "mentally ill" is always on full display. I can only imagine that whatever they internalize when they go through higher education is deeply wrong and useless, or that a major amount of them is able to coast through their degrees and come out the other way with nothing but the preconceptions they went in with.
I always feel that when someone is a "good" psychologist, it isn't really because they're a psychologist at all, they're just "good" in some way that isn't taught, or maybe that can't be taught, in higher education.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Moniker, Kalista and lovelesslifeless
FlufflesAway

FlufflesAway

Jul 31, 2024
'Good' psychologists are ones you 'connect' with. I think that's just a person you like. It has nothing to do with being a psychologist. They're a complete waste of time and money. Might as well go to church confession. It honestly seems like the secular version of that.

Reactions: verdedefome and Moniker