M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
I watched Jaws recently and I had to turn it off halfway through because it absolutely bored me to death...

don't get me started on Star Wars...

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, Deleted member 17331, puppy9 and 3 others
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
I like jaws tbh and the 1st star wars (1977?) one. Movie i didn't like was The Happening, if i remember rightly it was about people killing themselves or dropping dead or something, thought it was a bit silly.

Reactions: mediocre
F

FusRohDracarys

But what do I know
Mar 31, 2020
Elf

Never seen Jaws, agree about Star Wars.

Reactions: Woodnote, Green Destiny and mediocre
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
Star Wars, just don't get the hype.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, a.n.kirillov, waterbottleman and 4 others
xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
Absolutely Star Wars

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote, Deleted member 17331, LivedTooLong and 3 others
Oyoy

Oyoy

Spatula
Feb 2, 2020
This is a great topic.

I can't even attempt to watch star wars.
I did go to the theater to watch lord of the rings. I was going crazy sitting through it while all the kids were fine. I heard it described as too long of a movie with too many charecters about bad jewelry.

Austin powers was too much hype and Jim Carrie seems like a prick.
Anything with Jennifer Anniston blows.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, a.n.kirillov and mediocre
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
Star Wars and The Marvel franchise. If something is hyped up, most likely it sucks (that's what I think).

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and mediocre
Orpheus*

Orpheus*

Apr 7, 2020
I watched Jaws recently and I had to turn it off halfway through because it absolutely bored me to death...

don't get me started on Star Wars...
This is always extremely controversial whenever I say it but. Pulp Fiction. It's SO pretentious sucking itself off and boring on top of that!

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, a.n.kirillov, 262653 and 2 others
peacefully31425

peacefully31425

Dirtbag
Aug 28, 2018
James Cameron's Avatar. One of the biggest movies of all time and it barely left a mark in terms of it's overall cultural impact.

• Love
Reactions: kinzokukae, LivedTooLong, 262653 and 2 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
The marvel franchises although I liked some of the earlier ones but I remember being so annoyed by the ones leading up to the "End Games" movie they were just pumping movie out year after year and people acted like it was the best thing in the world and the CGI was terrible it was honestly better in the earlier movies.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, a.n.kirillov, epic and 2 others
Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Definitely "The Mummy" movie with Tom Cruise. I remember that movie constantly getting it's dick sucked on tv ads every single day before and after it came out. Didn't need to watch it to know it would bomb hard in the box office. The Star Trek movies by JJ Abrams also come to mind, I do like the franchise but they all didn't do the best job imo.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Oyoy and mediocre
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
I remember that movie Inception, everyone talked about it forever but I just thought it was dumb and didn't make much sense.

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: epic, mediocre, Mr2005 and 1 other person
Orpheus*

Orpheus*

Apr 7, 2020
James Cameron's Avatar. One of the biggest movies of all time and it barely left a mark in terms of it's overall cultural impact.

Everyone says that but lack of cultural impact doesn't mean it was a bad movie? It wasn't great but it wasn't bad either.

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
every single marvel movie since at lest 2010.

• Love
Reactions: mediocre and puppy9
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
The MCU as a whole, especially Endgame. Infinity War was good.

The first two Star Wars trilogies are good, and the music is my favourite part of those movies. The sequel trilogy is horrible in terms of writing, so it's definitely overrated.

Reactions: Deleted member 17331, Green Destiny and 262653
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I remember that movie Inception, everyone talked about it forever but I just thought it was dumb and didn't make much sense.
Sorry to say you just weren't paying enough attention. It makes perfect sense and that's some feat. It's so meticulously plotted, the attention to detail is staggering.
I like jaws tbh and the 1st star wars (1977?) one. Movie i didn't like was The Happening, if i remember rightly it was about people killing themselves or dropping dead or something, thought it was a bit silly.
M.Night Shyamalan? What happened to that guy? Watched Unbreakable again the other day. Still has the polish of The sixth sense even if it's repeating a similar formula. Don't think anything after that could really be called overrated, they've all been widely panned

Last edited:
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
Saw!

Reactions: kinzokukae, mediocre, waterbottleman and 1 other person
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Sorry to say you just weren't paying enough attention. It makes perfect sense and that's some feat. It's so meticulously plotted, the attention to detail is staggering.

^See, this is what I was talking about.

waterbottleman

waterbottleman

Not a person
Sep 30, 2019
The Avengers.

I didn't like the first one, I didn't like or dislike the 2nd i was just indifferent to it.

The third movie is legitimately a good movie though.

Didnt like the 4th one that much. I wouldn't say the 4th movie is bad, just that the third was so much better so the 4th was hyped a lot and disappointing. Although I'm not too surprised that I didn't like the 4th movie given the whole time travel stuff. I dislike time travel in movies generally speaking, I think time travel is just an excuse for writers to change Whatever they want.

The third movie was great though, I just think the 4th one was a let down.

M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
Hereditary and Midsommar by the same director. Trying to be intellectual and creepy but both of them just made me laugh... :ahhha:

• Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and xalltoowell
xalltoowell

xalltoowell

Loner, loser and complicated wreck
Nov 3, 2019
Hereditary and Midsommar by the same director. Trying to be intellectual and creepy but both of them just made me laugh... :ahhha:
Yes!! I just watched Midsommar because it was so hyped up, and my only thought when it was finished was "this was made to be weird just for the sake of being weird".

• Wow
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
The Indiana Jones franchise is another one that springs to mind actually.

Reactions: mediocre
epic

epic

Enlightened
Aug 9, 2019
Avengers end game. Cliche dialogues, predictable characters, Boring plot with glaring loopholes.
If you can time travel so easily, anything can change anytime. That takes away the sanctity of all events prior to the movie.

• Love
terry_a_davis

terry_a_davis

Warlock
Dec 28, 2019
M.Night Shyamalan? What happened to that guy? Watched Unbreakable again the other day. Still has the polish of The sixth sense even if it's repeating a similar formula. Don't think anything after that could really be called overrated, they've all been widely panned
Didn't know Shyamalan directed The Happening. Haven't seen Unbreakable but will put it on my to watch list, I liked Sixth Sense too.

I tried to watch a Marvel movie, might have been Avengers something or other, only lasted 10 mins and never bothered with superhero movies again apart from Deadpool which was good and thought Venom was ok, i liked the comedy in them.

I thought the later Matrix films weren't as good as the first one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oyoy, mediocre and Mr2005
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
The Blair Witch Project

Sold as a true story but turned out to be fake, the biggest load of shit I have ever watched, I will never get that 105 minutes of my life back .

This film was in the Guinness Book of World Records for "Top Budget: Box Office Ratio" (for a mainstream feature film). The film cost $60,000 to make and made back $248 million, a ratio of $1 spent for every $10,931 made.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 17331, LivedTooLong, Oyoy and 1 other person
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
The Blair Witch Project

Sold as a true story but turned out to be fake, the biggest load of shit I have ever watched, I will never get that 105 minutes of my life back .

This film was in the Guinness Book of World Records for "Top Budget: Box Office Ratio" (for a mainstream feature film). The film cost $60,000 to make and made back $248 million, a ratio of $1 spent for every $10,931 made.
Reminded me of those Paranormal Activity movies they were beyond awful but always made a massive profit:/

Reactions: Oyoy and Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Reminded me of those Paranormal Activity movies they were beyond awful but always made a massive profit:/

Yes I agree I forgot about them I got suckered into Blair Witch as there was reports of people running out of the cinema in fear but I was young and naive then, FAKE news, haha.

• Hugs
Reactions: Oyoy and mediocre
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Feb 23, 2020
Every Marvel Pitch Meeting In Order Of MCU Timeline

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy, Fragile, DeadButDreaming and 1 other person