W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
However, I am not suicidal due to the alcohol and am largely happy to be sober. I am suicidal due to the lack of forgiveness from family and how they seem to be deliberately making my life as difficult as possible.

• Hugs
Reactions: SmellyRat
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Most of my problems is caused by trauma and terrible life which has caused me to turn to drink.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Belaya Noch, disabledandhopeless and 3 others
W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
Have you ever tried to get sober do you mind me asking? How much do you drink? I was on 8 cans of cider a day in my last years of drinking. Works out at about 110 units a week.

• Hugs
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
Have you ever tried to get sober do you mind me asking? How much do you drink? I was on 8 cans of cider a day in my last years of drinking. Works out at about 110 units a week.
Yeah i've tried a couple of days without drinking, but always end up back to square one again.
I think i drank more then that to the point my esophagus got inflamed, and i started cough up blood which is my own dumbass fault.
Now im trying to drink less, but i think i'll always drink life is too boring without it.

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
^I've been there. I've had three detoxes and two rehabs in two years. I wasn't able to stop on my own.

Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
For me it's the opposite, I drink to not think about shitty life

ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
I started drinking because of how shit I feel but it ends up being a cycle. I can go without when I'm out of cash (for instance right now I don't get paid for 12 whole days and want to die.)

Soon as I get paid it's a 1 litre bottle of vodka every 2-3 days.

• Hugs
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
I used to drink a lot when I was young. Like, every day. All through my 20s and 30s I pretty much stayed drunk.
I rarely drink now. It just doesn't do what it used to. I prefer being sober these days.
One day it'll stop working for you and you'll quit drinking. If you live long enough.
One of my best friends drank himself do death. He was around 40, I guess. His organs shut down, he was put on life support, went into a coma, and his mom and wife made the decision to pull the plug.
No big loss, unfortunately. He had driven away everyone who cared about him by being a drunken asshole.

• Wow
Noriv159

Noriv159

Sigh.
Oct 22, 2020
I use to frown at the whole alcoholic/druggie thing until I got depressed. Made me realise not everyone is trying to be "cool".

• Hugs
Reactions: Journeytoletgo, Belaya Noch and SmellyRat