OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Ctb by the 20th of December
Oct 11, 2020
The moment I gain consciousness in the morning my heart starts racing. I feel so terrified. I guess it's because of my anxiety and depression. To alleviate this, I have to wake up early to prepare to get out of bed. I'll just lie there and wait for my heart to calm down and organize what i'll do for the day. Does anyone else get anxiety the moment they wake up? I hate it. It feels like I woke up from a nightmare, but I didn't even have a bad dream.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: anxivoid, puppy9, GreenTree and 11 others
sadworld

sadworld

existence is a nightmare
Aug 25, 2020
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not waking up from a nightmare, it's waking up into the nightmare

• Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, anxivoid, puppy9 and 9 others
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Oct 11, 2020
Yeah, I know what you mean. It's not waking up from a nightmare, it's waking up into the nightmare

Exactly. I'll be having a really nice dream and realize that it's not even real when I wake up:( It breaks my heart everyday.

• Hugs
Reactions: anxivoid, DFFP, All washed up and 3 others
Surgeon

Surgeon

anam cara
Mar 2, 2020
I've been experiencing this lately.
I guess it's a call for change but unwarranted waves of doom are nothing new to me either.
When i was working early mornings i'd wake up in a panic thinking i was late most days.
Maybe it's just how we're wired :ahhha:

Reactions: OopsIdidntwanttodie
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
Know exactly what you mean, hope you end up feeling better. <3

• Love
Reactions: OopsIdidntwanttodie
SmellyRat

SmellyRat

Arcanist
Nov 5, 2018
I get those all the time especially when you have a nightmare.
Like dreaming from one nightmare to the next...
Hope you are ok:heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, OopsIdidntwanttodie and Meditation guide
Rue89

Rue89

Visionary
Feb 10, 2020
I totally relate. I wake up with anxiety every morning. It makes it hard to get out of bed. I also have to wake up early.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: taylor321, Meditation guide, OopsIdidntwanttodie and 2 others
OopsIdidntwanttodie

OopsIdidntwanttodie

Oct 11, 2020
I've been experiencing this lately.
I guess it's a call for change but unwarranted waves of doom are nothing new to me either.
When i was working early mornings i'd wake up in a panic thinking i was late most days.
Maybe it's just how we're wired :ahhha:

yeah it reminds me of when I had to wake up early in middle school to catch the bus, i would have anxiety because I was afraid that I overslept. kinda ironic since I want to ctb lol.
I have such nice dreams. I can walk and move and am walking down streets in my home town that are so pretty, and have everything I need and want. Then I wake up and even before I'm fully awake the internal tremors begin, a feeling as if my insides are shaking violently. I lie there trying to convince myself it's not that bad, sometimes trying to pretend I'm on one of those chairs that vibrate to massage you, but I always have to force myself to get up and use the bathroom, even with my insides shaking violently like an internal earthquake. And so starts another day. How long will the internal shaking last today is always my first thought. An hour? Two hours?
Will I manage to get to the kitchen and get my morning cup of coffee? Maybe make a piece of toast? It's my greatest accomplishment each day.

Thats the same for me too. Its so important to be gentle with yourself in the mornings and take your time:) Your words in the end are very inspirational @Meditation guide . Its really all about the small steps that make the day count.

Last edited:
Reactions: Meditation guide and Surgeon
BitterlyAlive

BitterlyAlive

---
Apr 8, 2020
I go through the same thing. It could be due to the naturally elevated cortisol levels in the morning, or maybe it's just a ton of stress. Or both.

Reactions: Meditation guide
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
My brain likes to hit the ground running when it comes to negative thoughts. I hate that my morning are always ruined by anxious panic.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I'm the same bud. It's as though each morning I've been dragged out of non existence ti this evil world. Even though I dream most night horrifically that seem real. Could that be my personal experiences or the situation of this hell... Hate this and every morning I have the same debate.

R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
The moment I gain consciousness in the morning my heart starts racing. I feel so terrified. I guess it's because of my anxiety and depression. To alleviate this, I have to wake up early to prepare to get out of bed. I'll just lie there and wait for my heart to calm down and organize what i'll do for the day. Does anyone else get anxiety the moment they wake up? I hate it. It feels like I woke up from a nightmare, but I didn't even have a bad dream.
For me it's like a poison bag around my heart. Like a dagger. A small pain. Bad feeling about what is going to be the day.