Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Since people in this section expressed wanting to hear my monkey story- I posted it in suicide section. I hope it is ok.

When my son died I slept very little. What sleep I got wasn't a deep sleep, I was always lucid dreaming or on the verge of awake and asleep. It's before the docs got me on meds to sleep. I kept dream journals as I was told our loved ones can visit us in our sleep, we are easier to reach.

So my older son LOVED cars- it was his addiction, his passion, his hobby and he loved cars since he was a tiny kid with his race car bed and matchbox cars. In my sleep/dream one night my son was there and said mom you need to get a monkey. I asked him and what am I naming this monkey? I'm expecting turbo or his fav car name or some car related name. He says Lilly. My ENTIRE home decor is roses especially pink. Dishes, my sheets, blankets, curtains, table, baker rack, salt & pepper shakers, silver ware, knick knacks, EVERYTHING roses. My bedroom, kitchen stuff, dining room, living room & bathroom all roses. I've never had a Lilly nor liked them. SO I got up and googled Lilly. Teleflora definition - "As the flowers most often associated with funerals, lilies symbolize that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death". WOW I was blown away. He would come in my dreams and insist I get a monkey that she will be a lot of love and companionship. I'm a HUGE animal lover.

I began looking for monkeys and found marmoset monkeys. I talked to a couple of breeders and found one I liked. He had just had a baby so I put a deposit on it. It was with it's parents and he did not know if it was male or female. I also told him about the dreams about my son. About 2 weeks after I put my deposit he walked me through applying for my permit. He said next month when it's ready if my permit is not in it would go to the next person and I would have to wait for the next baby. I filled out the paper work and faxed it into the person assigned to my permit. My breeder Chris than said wait 30 minutes so you know it's gone through. Call your worker and make SURE they don't need anything else. So I call the worker and my application looks fine. She than warned me the average time to approval or denial is 4-6 weeks. It's Christmas time and they are over whelmed with applications so realistically I'm looking at around 8 weeks. About 5 days later I had gone to my sons friends automotive garage. I had to leave my car there for work to be done on it. Diesel brought me home it was about 9pm. I check my mail- and there is my permit- about 5 days after submitting my application! I took a picture and texted it to Chris my breeder. He insta called me. He could not believe I had my application after 5 days. He said the earliest someone has had their permit was 4 weeks. He could not figure out how I got mine so fast. I'm also friendly with another marmoset breeder and she has said the same thing- 4 weeks never less. So application to permit 5 days the name in my dream.. I'm saying my son has something to do with this. I've raised a ton of wild animals and released them. Since I have experience Chris said I could come get my monkey the following week. He was confident I could raise it without issue.

Here's more insanity- Chris had put me in contact with Cindy who had babies from Lilly Jo's parents from the last 2 breedings. Both are boys. Chris warned me 9 of 10 are male- do not have my hopes set on a female I may have a Lilo. Now all these dreams my son keeps coming in are telling me it's a girl he always referred to her as she and Lilly. Marmosets live in troops vs dog packs. A marm troop is led by 1 alpha female. She is so alpha no other females breed. With pheromones' and dominance she suppresses all other females so they don't cycle and if they do they cannot breed. She is like a true queen. Thats why 9 of 10 are males. I was to get Lilly Jo on Saturday. Cindy was at Chris's Friday night and they pulled Lilly Jo from her parents. I get a picture of her and a big GUESS WHAT? as I'm typing back they called me. Chris said everything has been so insane he cannot explain it but my son was right I have my Lilly. I picked her up Saturday night. Cindy was a bit jealous as she had hoped for a female when she got her 2 from the last 2 breedings. Cindy has had hopes for a female but all babies since Lilly from her parents have been... males. Her parents played with a stuffed animal I call her daddy that Chris sent home with her because it had their scent. I had to keep her inside my shirt and carry her because marms carry their babies. I put a leg from her daddy inside my shirt to hold onto. A couple of pics will have her on her daddy.

Sunday the day after I got her Lilly Jo's (Joey in the dream said name her Lilly and Jo for Joey) breeder Chris invited me to a primate facebook group. Thats how I met the lady breeder I'm friendly with. It turns out he has a huge fan club. I've had the worst experience with dog breeders somehow I managed to end up with one of the best marmoset breeders there is. Female marms because a female leads a troop are supposed to be quite a handful. The other breeder I'm friendly with told me she refuses to sell females to younger women due to they cycle, to someone with kids and people who do not have marmoset experience because females are very hard to handle. SO far my son (no way to explain it all) has been right about every detail- She is a lot of love and companionship. She is VERY well behaved. The only times she isn't behaved is if I try to diaper her- which she won that fight I no longer diaper her. She is so small I'm afraid I'll hurt her arguing about a diaper because you have to hold their back legs and tail. If I give her a bath- she gets a little feisty but I win that fight and when I put her to bed if she still wants to play. I win every time.

It's a really insane story and no one involved can come up with any answers other than my son had a hand in all the factors that happened. Chris usually has a waiting list- I happened to get him with a new baby and no one waiting. I got a breeder with a fan base because how amazing he is as a breeder people told me how lucky I was to have one of his babies. To this day if I called or texted about something he would answer and advise me what to do, how my permit got to me in 5 days- it had to go through a chain of command. My worker, to another higher up and to the head wildlife officer who gives final approval- when these 2 popular marm breeders have never heard of someone getting a permit in under 4 weeks. Especially Christmas time when tons of people are applying for wildlife permits. The fact she was a she. For being a female she is so well behaved. She is a lot of love and companionship. She is a hybrid- mom is a common marm and dad is a geoffrey marm- she has 2 tears in white. My tears for my son.

pic 1- her first morning home. All I see in her face is love
pic 2 when she was a baby Kongette hear her roar
pic 3 Lillys tears

Attachments

• is this love momma cropped.jpg
    is this love momma cropped.jpg
    697.5 KB · Views: 55
  • kongette hear me roar.jpg
    kongette hear me roar.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 60
  • cuddle banky tear drops adjusted.jpg
    cuddle banky tear drops adjusted.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 56
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: K-O, Mr2005, Lilacmoon and 19 others
BipolarGuy

BipolarGuy

Enlightened
Aug 6, 2020
*Scroll down to photos.....then back up to read story*

Oh shit!

:heart:

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace, Deleted member 19654, Deleted member 4993 and 4 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
pic 4 Lilly in her dress about hmm 4 months old
she was about 6 weeks or so here

Attachments

• dress 11918.jpg
    dress 11918.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 63
  • me so tiny.jpg
    me so tiny.jpg
    928.9 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: K-O, Mr2005, puppy9 and 11 others
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Lilly is super cute especially in pic 4 :hug::heart:

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ghostspace, AprilsBlessings, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Lilly is super cute especially in pic 4 :hug::heart:
Thank you. I have more pics just don't want to over load more than my novels I type. It was the 1 and only time I put clothes on her. I just had to do it.
here she was hugging on me. Since she was raised inside my shirt she loves to go in the top or bottom and run out the other side.

Attachments

• hug momma 111318.jpg
    hug momma 111318.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: puppy9, ghostspace, Worthless_nobody and 5 others
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
Wow, you are living my dream. At a young age I always said a marmoset was my favorite animal. Still is

• Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, AprilsBlessings and Deleted member 4993
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Since people in this section expressed wanting to hear my monkey story- I posted it in suicide section. I hope it is ok.

When my son died I slept very little. What sleep I got wasn't a deep sleep, I was always lucid dreaming or on the verge of awake and asleep. It's before the docs got me on meds to sleep. I kept dream journals as I was told our loved ones can visit us in our sleep, we are easier to reach.

So my older son LOVED cars- it was his addiction, his passion, his hobby and he loved cars since he was a tiny kid with his race car bed and matchbox cars. In my sleep/dream one night my son was there and said mom you need to get a monkey. I asked him and what am I naming this monkey? I'm expecting turbo or his fav car name or some car related name. He says Lilly. My ENTIRE home decor is roses especially pink. Dishes, my sheets, blankets, curtains, table, baker rack, salt & pepper shakers, silver ware, knick knacks, EVERYTHING roses. My bedroom, kitchen stuff, dining room, living room & bathroom all roses. I've never had a Lilly nor liked them. SO I got up and googled Lilly. Teleflora definition - "As the flowers most often associated with funerals, lilies symbolize that the soul of the departed has received restored innocence after death". WOW I was blown away. He would come in my dreams and insist I get a monkey that she will be a lot of love and companionship. I'm a HUGE animal lover.

I began looking for monkeys and found marmoset monkeys. I talked to a couple of breeders and found one I liked. He had just had a baby so I put a deposit on it. It was with it's parents and he did not know if it was male or female. I also told him about the dreams about my son. About 2 weeks after I put my deposit he walked me through applying for my permit. He said next month when it's ready if my permit is not in it would go to the next person and I would have to wait for the next baby. I filled out the paper work and faxed it into the person assigned to my permit. My breeder Chris than said wait 30 minutes so you know it's gone through. Call your worker and make SURE they don't need anything else. So I call the worker and my application looks fine. She than warned me the average time to approval or denial is 4-6 weeks. It's Christmas time and they are over whelmed with applications so realistically I'm looking at around 8 weeks. About 5 days later I had gone to my sons friends automotive garage. I had to leave my car there for work to be done on it. Diesel brought me home it was about 9pm. I check my mail- and there is my permit- about 5 days after submitting my application! I took a picture and texted it to Chris my breeder. He insta called me. He could not believe I had my application after 5 days. He said the earliest someone has had their permit was 4 weeks. He could not figure out how I got mine so fast. I'm also friendly with another marmoset breeder and she has said the same thing- 4 weeks never less. So application to permit 5 days the name in my dream.. I'm saying my son has something to do with this. I've raised a ton of wild animals and released them. Since I have experience Chris said I could come get my monkey the following week. He was confident I could raise it without issue.

Here's more insanity- Chris had put me in contact with Cindy who had babies from Lilly Jo's parents from the last 2 breedings. Both are boys. Chris warned me 9 of 10 are male- do not have my hopes set on a female I may have a Lilo. Now all these dreams my son keeps coming in are telling me it's a girl he always referred to her as she and Lilly. Marmosets live in troops vs dog packs. A marm troop is led by 1 alpha female. She is so alpha no other females breed. With pheromones' and dominance she suppresses all other females so they don't cycle and if they do they cannot breed. She is like a true queen. Thats why 9 of 10 are males. I was to get Lilly Jo on Saturday. Cindy was at Chris's Friday night and they pulled Lilly Jo from her parents. I get a picture of her and a big GUESS WHAT? as I'm typing back they called me. Chris said everything has been so insane he cannot explain it but my son was right I have my Lilly. I picked her up Saturday night. Cindy was a bit jealous as she had hoped for a female when she got her 2 from the last 2 breedings. Cindy has had hopes for a female but all babies since Lilly from her parents have been... males. Her parents played with a stuffed animal I call her daddy that Chris sent home with her because it had their scent. I had to keep her inside my shirt and carry her because marms carry their babies. I put a leg from her daddy inside my shirt to hold onto. A couple of pics will have her on her daddy.

Sunday the day after I got her Lilly Jo's (Joey in the dream said name her Lilly and Jo for Joey) breeder Chris invited me to a primate facebook group. Thats how I met the lady breeder I'm friendly with. It turns out he has a huge fan club. I've had the worst experience with dog breeders somehow I managed to end up with one of the best marmoset breeders there is. Female marms because a female leads a troop are supposed to be quite a handful. The other breeder I'm friendly with told me she refuses to sell females to younger women due to they cycle, to someone with kids and people who do not have marmoset experience because females are very hard to handle. SO far my son (no way to explain it all) has been right about every detail- She is a lot of love and companionship. She is VERY well behaved. The only times she isn't behaved is if I try to diaper her- which she won that fight I no longer diaper her. She is so small I'm afraid I'll hurt her arguing about a diaper because you have to hold their back legs and tail. If I give her a bath- she gets a little feisty but I win that fight and when I put her to bed if she still wants to play. I win every time.

It's a really insane story and no one involved can come up with any answers other than my son had a hand in all the factors that happened. Chris usually has a waiting list- I happened to get him with a new baby and no one waiting. I got a breeder with a fan base because how amazing he is as a breeder people told me how lucky I was to have one of his babies. To this day if I called or texted about something he would answer and advise me what to do, how my permit got to me in 5 days- it had to go through a chain of command. My worker, to another higher up and to the head wildlife officer who gives final approval- when these 2 popular marm breeders have never heard of someone getting a permit in under 4 weeks. Especially Christmas time when tons of people are applying for wildlife permits. The fact she was a she. For being a female she is so well behaved. She is a lot of love and companionship. She is a hybrid- mom is a common marm and dad is a geoffrey marm- she has 2 tears in white. My tears for my son.

pic 1- her first morning home. All I see in her face is love
pic 2 when she was a baby Kongette hear her roar
pic 3 Lillys tears
Omg so cute :) I want one. Adorable.

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, ghostspace, Sinkinshyp and 2 others
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I adore your monkey, she is so cute. :happy: :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace, Sinkinshyp and Deleted member 4993
deleted

deleted

Wizard
Jul 31, 2020
If you didn't love in the photo you are a monster

• Love
Reactions: puppy9, Deleted member 4993, Sinkinshyp and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Omg so cute :) I want one. Adorable.
You should take pics for us regularly of things she does or little videos so we can see what it's like to care for her. Like updates of cute things she does what she likes to eat. Funny moments
That could be a good twitter idea for u. Document your life with her :) you would totally get following :happy:

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace, Sinkinshyp, Deleted member 4993 and 2 others
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Wow
A powerful story

• Love
Reactions: Sinkinshyp, Final Escape and Deleted member 4993
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Wow, you are living my dream. At a young age I always said a marmoset was my favorite animal. Still is

not sure where you live. If USA I know a great breeder =) but it would give you a reason to stay here, for your lil marm.
I adore your monkey, she is so cute. :happy: :heart:

thank you

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
How old is she now?

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Sinkinshyp
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
You should take pics for us regularly of things she does or little videos so we can see what it's like to care for her. Like updates of cute things she does what she likes to eat. Funny moments
That could be a good twitter idea for u. Document your life with her :) you would totally get following :happy:

I don't know how to use twitter.. You have a great idea. Maybe I can find a spot here on the forums to share Lilly Jo with everyone. Like you said pics, little videos, cute things she does or what she ate that day... I'm not sure if people would be opposed to that. If so maybe I can make her a facebook page and anyone who wants to can join us on facebook? I mean it could be a sort of source of therapy for some folks to interact with Lilly?
How old is she now?

She will be 3 December 8th

• Love
Reactions: Brackenshire, Final Escape, Deleted member 4993 and 1 other person
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
I don't know how to use twitter.. You have a great idea. Maybe I can find a spot here on the forums to share Lilly Jo with everyone. Like you said pics, little videos, cute things she does or what she ate that day... I'm not sure if people would be opposed to that. If so maybe I can make her a facebook page and anyone who wants to can join us on facebook? I mean it could be a sort of source of therapy for some folks to interact with Lilly?

You could make a thread in recovery section and post videos and updates about her. I'm sure people would love that. :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Brackenshire, Sinkinshyp and 1 other person
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
You could make a thread in recovery section and post videos and updates about her. I'm sure people would love that. :happy:
do you know how to make a posting with a poll on it? I could make a post over in recovery with a poll yes I want to see this or no I don't. If we have more yes's than I'll make a thread for her. I have plenty of stories to start out- like the one shared here how she came into my life.. I can even put up ok here are choices for Lilly's food for today and let people pick what she has that day to that way every one can participate who wants to

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Yes that's what I was thinking. I thought it would be fun to do something like that.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
Yes that's what I was thinking. I thought it would be fun to do something like that.

Ok I posted over in off topic- so if you are interested in my sharing Lilly jo with you please go over there and like comment so we can get an idea how many want me to share her. If you have any suggestions HOW I can share her post a reply to.... Great idea @Final Escape

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018

Twitter is easier to navigate than Facebook. I guess it takes just the setting up and getting used to it. No more complex than Facebook. I gravitated to twitter because for some reason Facebook didn't appeal to me. I have no idea why. On twitter most pple use fake names, fake profile pic. U can do this with Facebook too but on twitter u show up to like minded people more. You end up meeting people who share your interests but aren't necessarily being found by friends, relatives, employers. Unless u use real name and real pic.

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
There's an option to create a poll when you go to create a thread. It's just above the post thread button. You could just make one big megathread for lily and have people vote by reaction emojis to your post, instead of having to create a new thread for a new poll.

Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
There's an option to create a poll when you go to create a thread. It's just above the post thread button. You could just make one big megathread for lily and have people vote by reaction emojis to your post, instead of having to create a new thread for a new poll.

good idea. If enough show interest- I'll make a megathread. And when we do something that everyone participates they can vote via emoji. Maybe Lilly will end up being SS mascot lol

• Hugs
mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

mahakaliSS_MahaDurga

Visionary
Apr 2, 2020
do you know how to make a posting with a poll on it? I could make a post over in recovery with a poll yes I want to see this or no I don't. If we have more yes's than I'll make a thread for her. I have plenty of stories to start out- like the one shared here how she came into my life.. I can even put up ok here are choices for Lilly's food for today and let people pick what she has that day to that way every one can participate who wants to
I've made a poll for you.

• Love
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
I've made a poll for you.
thank you.. I couldn't figure ou thow when I made the post. i see the options story discussion venting but didn't see a poll option

• Hugs
Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
thank you.. I couldn't figure ou thow when I made the post. i see the options story discussion venting but didn't see a poll option
AB553450 B368 464C B39B 78D362543FDF For future reference

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Sinkinshyp and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
not sure where you live. If USA I know a great breeder =) but it would give you a reason to stay here, for your lil marm.

thank you
Yeah I do live in the states. I'll look up the permit requirements first. Lily is very very adorable :)
Oh and by the way, I say yes to more pictures!!!!!!!!

Lilacmoon

Lilacmoon

Beautiful moon, take me away.
Sep 23, 2020
adorable adorable thank you thank you <3