TheFool

TheFool

Oct 19, 2018
It does buy food, shelter and decent healthcare though. Some crazy people actually consider those things to be human rights. But I digress.

On a related note, it's also common for people to, in response to complaints about one's life, shoot back with, "Hey, think about all the things you do have. You know, all things considered you're probably better off than most of the world's population."

Yes. Because when I'm feeling down, I just think about all the suffering in the world, and it perks me right up. Oh, the thought of all the starving children, all the people trapped under fascist rule, all the homeless people who are gonna freeze to death this winter in my town... only thing better than that is heroin.

God I love life.

Reactions: vulturecyclop, msexit, NumbItAll and 5 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Money does buy you N though, which would make me very happy...
You're right about everything you've said in your post. Unfortunately though, many people in this horrible world judge people by the price of the clothes they're wearing:

Reactions: stellabelle, OnlyMercy, ReadyasEver and 3 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I don't know. It's hard to think clearly when you are depressed and full of self-doubt or your self-esteem is at rock bottom. I do feel lucky that nobody has said those sorts of things to me, I can't imagine what that would be like to process hearing things like that when your mental state is such that you are struggling to get out of bed and feel overwhelmed by exhaustion and lethargy.

I do feel fortunate that I have a roof over my head and things like hot water and heating and food and, more importantly to me, I am safe from physical harm because there have been times that I haven't had many of these things. I know there are people who are worse off and better off, I don't compare myself, I just think that myself in my own head. I don't think other people should think anything - everyone has their own level of what is bearable to them. Or not.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ReadyasEver, Sinbad and 3 others
ForestLove

ForestLove

Jus wanna be a tree
Oct 16, 2018
In this world, we need money to survive. But money can't buy true happiness and peace. Maybe with the exception of N.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Pulpit2018, ReadyasEver and 2 others