Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I told have talked to her about my suicidal thoughts many times and I have also joked about it but you can clearly see the difference when you hear my tone and the setting. When I'm serious about this issue it's obvious, I have cried about it too when I talked with my mom about suicide-she was sitting by my bed next to me and I was bawling talking which suicide and that was supposed to be a joke? Ugh I really don't get it, I open myself up, let myself be vulnerable and it's all a joke. I tried to let someone help me and understand me but today she told me she thought my previous talks about suicide we're just jokes and only today she realized I was being serious. I mean I'm glad she knows I'm being serious but it sucks that I can't be takes seriously at the first talk. What if I stopped trying to talk to her about it and i just ctbed earlier:/

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lorntroubles, deadgirlahsatan and fluffysuicidalbear
Nature_is_God

Nature_is_God

The cause of suffering is the desire to exist
Jul 27, 2020
She probably hopes it was a joke because she wouldn't know what to do if she believed you 100%.

Reactions: AllReturnsToNothing and deadgirlahsatan
SoIntoYou

SoIntoYou

Pillowman
Jul 9, 2020
I told have talked to her about my suicidal thoughts many times and I have also joked about it but you can clearly see the difference when you hear my tone and the setting. When I'm serious about this issue it's obvious, I have cried about it too when I talked with my mom about suicide-she was sitting by my bed next to me and I was bawling talking which suicide and that was supposed to be a joke? Ugh I really don't get it, I open myself up, let myself be vulnerable and it's all a joke. I tried to let someone help me and understand me but today she told me she thought my previous talks about suicide we're just jokes and only today she realized I was being serious. I mean I'm glad she knows I'm being serious but it sucks that I can't be takes seriously at the first talk. What if I stopped trying to talk to her about it and i just ctbed earlier:/
I don't know the specifics, but there are some Pros and Cons, of which I'm sure you've already considered. Telling anyone who is this close to you puts pressure on them to act, so you might end up in a ward, at worst. If they are understanding, that's great, but that's all they can do - understand. I sincerely doubt she is going to do anything to stab at the heart of your problems, probably because she can't or isn't willing to sacrifice enough to achieve results. In my experience, it's always better to talk to someone who isn't close to you, but can provide some comfort, like a professional. But even then, you can't tell them certain things, else they'll feel the need to act. I think online help, like the kind you find here, is far better than anything I've ever seen. I know it's virtual and not personal, but there are literally MILLIONS more people to talk to, opening up the possibilities of personalities you can discover, and if you can put the face-to-face requirements behind you and just feel them in a different way, it could work out.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan
greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i'm sorry that this has happened to you and i completely understand how you feel. it's beyond frustrating to not be taken seriously when you are talking about something so prevalent and real. my mom did the same thing to me when i was younger. i would talk about my suicidal thoughts and she would never take me seriously and that just made it all worse for me. so i understand the frustration. just remember that she probably isn't letting herself take you seriously because if she did then she would have no idea what to do for you because you have to go through it yourself to understand and unless she's gone through it before she won't completely understand. i would definitely recommend to keep talking to her about it though if you feel like it because over time she may begin to understand you. if not just remember that you always have us. best of luck to you.

Reactions: deadgirlahsatan