Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
So I'm listening to a song on repeat and I started thinking about what it mean to me when I was in middle school. One of the memories was of my mom. Its was the time when I was getting an MRI bc the doctors wanted to rule out a brain tumor. On the drive home she told me that my personality would make more sense if I did have a brain tumor so she hoped it was one so I could "get fixed." They found nothing. She told me something is wrong with me and I needed more testing done, that we never did. She told me that I'm too bubbly and I have bad mood swings. I was 14 at the time and I told her I have mood swing bc I am only 14 and going through puberty, and for me being bubbly, I'm just happy. She disagreed and said somethings wrong with my brain. A few years later she discovered that I was struggling with depression. So now she tries to tell me what I have and don't have bc I have all the symptoms according to the internet. I get this might be her trying to help but its making it worse.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: movinout17, sad_rock, hi-okbye and 1 other person
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I am so sorry that your mum has been and is continuing to be so horrible to you and is actually upsetting you to make herself feel better. Are you able to tell her that she needs to stop acting selfishly and stop abusing you and to perhaps butt out of your life? You deserve proper care and support - not this kind of unkind treatment from a person who is supposed to be caring for you. Apologies for being blunt - but I really do feel for you and wish/hope that you recognise how this might be impacting you negatively.

Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
I am so sorry that your mum has been and is continuing to be so horrible to you and is actually upsetting you to make herself feel better. Are you able to tell her that she needs to stop acting selfishly and stop abusing you and to perhaps butt out of your life? You deserve proper care and support - not this kind of unkind treatment from a person who is supposed to be caring for you. Apologies for being blunt - but I really do feel for you and wish/hope that you recognise how this might be impacting you negatively.
I'm trapped with her. Its like, I know how bad it is but I physically and mentally am not able to get a job. She keeps telling me "you don't have to work, just do some chores and I'll be happy" so I do chores get paid. Its like she brainwashed me to not be independent. I have ptsd with jobs and she uses that against me.

• Hugs
Reactions: sad_rock
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Do you live with your mum? Having destroyed your confidence, is she now manipulating you to feel that you are unable to live away from her? Are you in a place where you can get the support to move out and be supported?

LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
What you said does make me mad, I also don't have a relationship with my mother, but for a different reason than you have experienced. She has for years refused to lead me to psychatrist so I can get diagnosed with a mental disorder which would at least help me if I knew what was causing me this pain. But from what I have seen your mother is very controlling and possesive of you, which is something I can understand. I am here if you need support and I am sending you lots of love. Byeee.

• Love
Reactions: Kit1 and Some place nice
Some place nice

Some place nice

This world makes me sick
Oct 18, 2023
Do you live with your mum? Having destroyed your confidence, is she now manipulating you to feel that you are unable to live away from her? Are you in a place where you can get the support to move out and be supported?
I have no one.

K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
I have no one.
That statement that you have put out just sounds so sad and feels lonely - perhaps I am just projecting my own feelings here. There are many of us in similar situations here such as myself and LonelyStarrySky who has also reached out to you. Please reach out to us if you will benefit from a listening year. Take care.

• Love
Reactions: Some place nice
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
What you see and what others see may be interpreted differently.
I do not know you but you may have some depression issues. Not your fault, nothing you did to get this, just a cruel gift.
My ex had similar issues and rejected all talk of it or any action to mitigate it. She let the bulk of her life become a period of torment. I still ferl for her situation but was powerless to help.
You are young with a world of possibilities before you. I hope you check your options before making any permanent choices.

hi-okbye

hi-okbye

7.7.2023<3
May 5, 2023
i'm sorry for what your going through with your mom. it's horrible that she's just manipulating you so she can force you to stay with her. i think you need to show her somehow that she can't control your life. but people like that suck because then they just get mad and try to take over more. it's all about the power for them. ptsd is so hard to get through, espeically when what you want to do is exactly what caused the ptsd :(
i'm not sure if i have much advice other than that, but if you need anyone to vent to i'm here <33

• Love
S

sad_rock

Student
Aug 27, 2023
hey, im sorry your mom has been giving unwanted and invasive comments on your mental health. the last thing you would want to feel during this state is being probed when all you needed was unconditional support. it's wrong that her form of support contains ulterior motives to promote codependency.

• Love