W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I was reading in the PPH about a BP cuff that was modified to inflate only at the sweet spot over the carotids. Has anyone ever experimented with something like this? How difficult might it be to modify? Does something like this exist, or was it just a prototype?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
How would this be an improvement over a ratchet strap?

W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
How would this be an improvement over a ratchet strap?
The book suggests it's easier to position and put pressure on the arteries as opposed to the entire neck. I'd also think it's quieter and easier to maneuver, less chance for pressure points to move if convulsions occurred. Personally, the state of my hands makes ratchet straps difficult even if it wasn't around my neck.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
The book suggests it's easier to position and put pressure on the arteries as opposed to the entire neck. I'd also think it's quieter and easier to maneuver, less chance for pressure points to move if convulsions occurred. Personally, the state of my hands makes ratchet straps difficult even if it wasn't around my neck.
I think if the PPH doesn't give step-by-step instructions on how to modify the cuff, and it becomes a "do-it-yourself"-type thing, it seems like it's a huge risk and you just end up as your own guinea pig. Idk. These novel ideas always scare me the worst.

Reactions: wanttodie12345
W

wanttodie12345

Jul 27, 2024
I think if the PPH doesn't give step-by-step instructions on how to modify the cuff, and it becomes a "do-it-yourself"-type thing, it seems like it's a huge risk and you just end up as your own guinea pig. Idk. These novel ideas always scare me the worst.
I agree about the novel ideas being scary. It feels like people are getting pushed that direction as governments close access to more peaceful methods like the PPH suggests.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded