C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I have the impression that the suicide section is more and more abused by weird posts such as "my cat is sick so I cant CTB" or "my dog needs me" or any other various OT spam titles.

Question: Are the mods actively moving these topics or do we need to report it every single time?

• Hugs
Reactions: HappyForever?
HappySisyphus

HappySisyphus

One must imagine Sisyphus happy
Aug 3, 2023
I don't really see why those posts would need to be remove, people are here mostly to vent, and if they really are just staying alive just because of their pets they probably are in a very dark place which would make it fair for them to be in the suicide section at least in my opinion

Reactions: JordanF, Praestat_Mori, bpdbunnygirl and 1 other person
C

conarc

Experienced
Aug 8, 2023
I have strongt doubts about the authenticity of these threads. Venting is still possible in offtopic topic, but pet threads in many cases sound like prolifers manipulation.

HappySisyphus

HappySisyphus

One must imagine Sisyphus happy
Aug 3, 2023
I could see that being a problem but still I think they should be left up, there would probably be more harm in removing a real post than keeping a fake one.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I think something that the mods should do is make a whole new section for venting, it would help things a lot.
But, mods do move things from time to time, I did have some of my threads moved to off topic.
I have strongt doubts about the authenticity of these threads. Venting is still possible in offtopic topic, but pet threads in many cases sound like prolifers manipulation.
Pets are actually helpless when their owners die. I don't think its pro-lifers, anyone can have a pet and even us members of SS have pets that do in fact need us. Thats why people make threads about their pets in the ctb discussion, the pets are preventing them from advancing in their plans.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I do see a lot of threads posted in the suicide discussion which in my opinion aren't really suicide discussion/not related to wanting to die at all, like people seem to often post anything in there and don't seem to be aware of other sections of the forum.
The suicide discussion can become a discussion of everything at times and I understand how that's frustrating for those who only want to read about suicide related topics.

But the suicide discussion is for suicidal venting as well so I think the threads you are describing belong in there in my opinion, especially as the first one mentions ctb in the title, people vent about wanting to die on here as they literally cannot share their honest feelings anywhere else.

Lots of suicidal people have pets so it would make sense that there are threads relating to that, it's common for people to vent about what's holding them back from ctb or what interfered in their suicide plan.

Reactions: Skathon and Praestat_Mori