Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
Freedom of expression and freedom of speech is dead on the internet everywhere you go there's moderators and censorship i am sick of it

Im trying to find out i feel like its censorship they try to control what people post and say on the forum which is ridiculous if people have a stupid question let them ask their stupid question if someone wants to express themselves let them express themselves and if someone want to ask the same question that someone asked let them ask it. I dont see Instagram, Facebook, hell even twitter closing people threads because its a repeat

insults aren't very nice, but should they be illegal?

One of the internet censorship cons is that it limits not only the accessibility of information but also the freedom of expression. In a country where internet censorship is practiced, a simple social media post against a person in power could be enough for an warning or a ban to be issued

But who's to say, what's fair to say
And what not to say

Reactions: Homo erectus
Looking

Looking

Looking for the answer.
Jan 16, 2023
and if someone want to ask the same question that someone asked let them ask it. I dont see Instagram, Facebook, hell even twitter closing people threads because its a repeat
So, social media and forums are a bit different. It's similar to why on Reddit, if you post the same questions over and over in certain subreddits, that the moderators lock them. This has to reduce clutter.

If someone was searching up the keyword "Suicide" on a subreddit, there's many reasons why someone might be looking that up. Maybe they wanted to find suicide support groups, read some people's suicide letters, look into suicide statistics or something else. If moderators allowed the same questions to be repeated over and over again, then the search results would just be spammed with different threads that go along of the lines of "Why do people commit suicide?" - This clutters and fills up other threads because they share the same keyword. It would be agony.

insults aren't very nice, but should they be illegal?
I agree that the concept of letting people ask questions, whether they're dumb or not, is important to open dialogue and discussion. Same with people expressing their opinions. Freedom of discussion and expression is sooo important for the internet's ecosystems. With that being said, insults aren't "illegal" on the internet. Insults don't encourage open discussion and there's no benefit to them besides causing arguments. I think arguments should be allowed - not at the expense of someone else, though. So on certain websites or forums, under certain contexts, will ban the usage of some or all insults directed towards another user.

I'm not saying every discussion on the internet needs to be a productive one, but I'm pretty sure complaining about shit you don't like is the main reason why Twitter is so popular.

• Informative
Reactions: Skathon and Darkover