Ethereal Knight

Ethereal Knight

Seja um bom soldado, morra onde você caiu.
Jan 10, 2022
I know this is not new by now.

A journalist on Fox News humiliated the moderator of Reddit's AntiWork subforum for being a "dog-walker" and living a simple life instead of having "ambition", working countless hours for a paycheck and having zero time for anything other than work.

See the video:

My opinion... This reporter is clearly an "Agent" trying to pull people back to the "Matrix", where they can be used to generate "energy" and profit for the system.

Our society is sick. Please turn off your television, unplug from the news and be careful with what you see or hear! Everybody could be "Agents" just like this reporter!

Journalists are there to manipulate people and to give profits for those that inject money into their business! It's more than money, actually, it's a thought war. They are ultimately trying to control how people think!

If you're interested in a more peaceful lifestyle, with less stress and more time of leisure, let's discuss it here, and also check "minimalism" or "slow living" and also China's "tang ping" movement.

I know money can be useful and helpful in many situations, but at the end of the day, we're human.

If you don't say "no" to modern stressors, your body will eventually say "no" for you.

You may end up with a miserable life with you listen to what society, your mom, your friends and television tells you. Learn to listen to your heart instead.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Sunset Limited, Rogue Proxy, Foresight and 7 others
Judah

Judah

Enlightened
Oct 1, 2020
I had heard about this thanks to a thread from Hispacha, who made fun of the moderator, my opinion is that the culture of work is so ingrained in our society that the fact that a person does not work is synonymous with contempt, it is unfortunate that the value of a person is measured by how much dedication he gives to work

Reactions: Rogue Proxy, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, deleted and 3 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
That's not exactly what happened, the mod clearly wanted the spotlight more than anything and ended up collapsing the subreddit because of the scandal. It was brutal and extremely funny to watch.

Like, those mods had the choice not to do it, the community begged them to not give an interview in fox news out of all places because it was obvious what was going to happen, and yet, it's as if they consciously decided to give the spotlight to the worst candidate to represent them, a literal meme of the average reddit mod who said "laziness is a virtue" in a vain effort to present themselves as smart.

Even I could agree that some people in that sub absolutely have a point about work culture. But when your best soldier is an unemployed 10 hour a week dogwalker (was later called out on the lies) who wants to teach philosophy and critical thinking... Let's just say that the community's rage was justified.

The interviewer didn't need to do anything other than let him make a complete fool out of himself.

• Love
Reactions: hungry_ghost, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, _Seeking and 3 others
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
Not a big fan of fox news, or of their ambush journalism, which is clearly what this was staged to be (they're smarter than you think) but this mod absolutely deserved what happened to them.

Let alone how terrible of a figure they were for that subreddit, they also sexually assaulted and borderline raped their ex, and admitted it in a lengthy facebook post, with very little remorse. Overall, not too deserving of my sympathies, they are clearly mentally ill and need some serious help.

It was pretty sad because I enjoyed some of that subreddit too, but it's still up and doing okay.

• Informative
Reactions: Smart No More, archipelago, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
I don't know why the moderator chose to be on fox news. It is not a good idea. The media is there to support corporations.

I used to like antiwork in the past and I think it is a good movement. We work to live not the opposite. The sub changed a lot so I stopped following it.

• Love
Reactions: Symbiote and walt
D

Deleted member 8975

That's not exactly what happened, the mod clearly wanted the spotlight more than anything and ended up collapsing the subreddit because of the scandal. It was brutal and extremely funny to watch.

Like, those mods had the choice not to do it, the community begged them to not give an interview in fox news out of all places because it was obvious what was going to happen, and yet, it's as if they consciously decided to give the spotlight to the worst candidate to represent them, a literal meme of the average reddit mod who said "laziness is a virtue" in a vain effort to present themselves as smart.

Even I could agree that some people in that sub absolutely have a point about work culture. But when your best soldier is an unemployed 10 hour a week dogwalker (was later called out on the lies) who wants to teach philosophy and critical thinking... Let's just say that the community's rage was justified.

The interviewer didn't need to do anything other than let him make a complete fool out of himself.
what scandal?

Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
what scandal?
The interview itself is the tip of the iceberg of this scandal. There are even accusations of rape and other kinds of misconduct from this individual, not to mention many alt accounts that people instantly connected to the mod in question. Not a very smart person.

Here's a thread that compiled most of the details of what happened afterwards, You're in for a treat if you enjoy this kind of drama, and reddit mods humiliating themselves:

• Wow
Reactions: walt and Deleted member 8975
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
I know this is not new by now.

A journalist on Fox News humiliated the moderator of Reddit's AntiWork subforum for being a "dog-walker" and living a simple life instead of having "ambition", working countless hours for a paycheck and having zero time for anything other than work.

See the video:

My opinion... This reporter is clearly an "Agent" trying to pull people back to the "Matrix", where they can be used to generate "energy" and profit for the system.

Our society is sick. Please turn off your television, unplug from the news and be careful with what you see or hear! Everybody could be "Agents" just like this reporter!

Journalists are there to manipulate people and to give profits for those that inject money into their business! It's more than money, actually, it's a thought war. They are ultimately trying to control how people think!

If you're interested in a more peaceful lifestyle, with less stress and more time of leisure, let's discuss it here, and also check "minimalism" or "slow living" and also China's "tang ping" movement.

I know money can be useful and helpful in many situations, but at the end of the day, we're human.

If you don't say "no" to modern stressors, your body will eventually say "no" for you.

You may end up with a miserable life with you listen to what society, your mom, your friends and television tells you. Learn to listen to your heart instead.

It's one thing to "lay flat because criticizing the ccp sends you to jail".
It's another to say you work 25hrs as a dog walker when it's actually 10. Then claim you want to be a teacher of ironically "philosophy" when you're not doing anything to work towards that goal.
I'm all for better working conditions, just not hyped about illogical extremism.

Reactions: walt, WrongPlaceWrongTime and Fragile
walt

walt

Mar 15, 2022
It's one thing to "lay flat because criticizing the ccp sends you to jail".
It's another to say you work 25hrs as a dog walker when it's actually 10. Then claim you want to be a teacher of ironically "philosophy" when you're not doing anything to work towards that goal.
I'm all for better working conditions, just not hyped about illogical extremism.
god yes.
the amount of bullshittery political rhetoric instead of worker's rights reform that have permeated that sub is sad.
ive met people there who said work is not required for a society to exist. lol.

Reactions: hungry_ghost, Crazy4u, Fragile and 1 other person
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
That interviewer boils my piss. I could slap the face of him. Smug prick.

The fact we're all funnelled into the need to work for less than our worth is very real and most people know it. Him too I'd expect. There's no need to be a total dick about it. That was blatant bullying. I agree, ambush journo @walt

What the guy started with was valid. He said people do want to work they just want to feel fullfilled in their jobs and not be overworked. He may have stammered a bit and been socially awkward and it appears as though that was enough justification for smug prick to get away with ignoring his logical first comment and continue steering him down the line his pre written ridiculing script outlined, putting the socially awkward interviewee on the back foot and tripping him over his feet. This piece of news was predetermined to ridicule the guy when the topic at hand has merit. I don't know anything of the reddit thread. It may well be bullshit but that wasn't the story. It was sidelined in order to ridicule the guy. Easy pickings! Lazy journalism! Further damaging to society rather than addressing the actual subject they claimed to be reporting on. But yeah, the guy did offer himswlf up to the lions mouth. Terrible choice of spokesman for a worthy cause.

Philosophically speaking he does kind of play the part of 'agent' OP. In your analogy of things I mean. But it's important to be aware that he isn't doing so intentionally. He's wholey unaware of the big picture and just a product of his surroundings and naivety. Not sure how serious you are but am assuming your matrix analogy is at least partially tongue in cheek. Turning away from things doesn't change anything. It just means you don't aee it coming when your time to get eaten comes. I agree that understanding the world does take some honest and hard introspection though. The biggest rhing anyone can do is to judge everything on individual merit. Not disbelieving what your mum and whoever else tells you. Some mums have good advice. Others do not. Individual merit! Trust me, it's true!

Whatever the case, there's no justification for bullying people on TV.

Last edited: