• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hexd

hexd

I draw with silver, and it turns red.
May 3, 2023
ive been researching just about every method and SWB for me is the most accessible. ive read in some older threads that it can be sometimes pretty hard to actually pass out ; or stay passed out

and im horrified of drowning.

i did read that using a sort of gas can help out alot.
as a kid whenever i was having fun with helium balloons i occasionally would get too excited and inhale so much i would get lightheaded with a major headache. money is a struggle right now maybe this could help me pass out easier?

i would much rather SN be my method but that looks like its impossible here. so this is my next best bet- aside from train or jumping.

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Most helium is now mixed with oxygen, so you can't use it to pass out - even if you could, I think there's quite a high chance you may wake up again mid-drowning. Someone said this happened to them, recently. As far as I know, no one has successfully ctb'd with SWB. It sounds like such a great method, and at one time I also messed around with it, but I think it's quite difficult to actually get it to be viable. Hope you can find something else that will work for you if you're certain it's what you want, maybe CO could be an option

Reactions: BrainShower
hexd

hexd

May 3, 2023
ah man. yea i looked at that, i spent the last couple days trying and researching anything. unfortunately; everything is so damn complicated,or impossible to get here. lame.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
Most helium is now mixed with oxygen, so you can't use it to pass out - even if you could, I think there's quite a high chance you may wake up again mid-drowning. Someone said this happened to them, recently.
That wasn't a simple gas asphyxiation, since it was combined with hyperventilation. Hyperventilation causes fainting for a different reason which is known as just temporary.
As far as I know, no one has successfully ctb'd with SWB.
Dead people can't confirm their death from SWB.

hexd

hexd

May 3, 2023
so could this work? im well aware its pretty scuffed but i was thinking from experience of how helium from a balloon alone made me feel, of course as a kid being a bit reckless.

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
There are examples of deaths caused by drowning after asphyxiation with hydrofluorocarbons and nitrous oxide.

Theoretically, helium should work too, unless it's mixed with too much oxygen.

Last edited:
Reactions: hexd
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
That wasn't a simple gas asphyxiation, since it was combined with hyperventilation. Hyperventilation causes fainting for a different reason which is known as just temporary.

Dead people can't confirm their death from SWB.

hmm, how does it cause fainting differently? with hyperventilating, you hyperventilate, then hold your breath until you pass out due to lack of oxygen. Using gas is the same, pass out due to low oxygen. The gas is easier but otherwise it's the same mechanism, low oxygen

Reactions: hexd
Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
hmm, how does it cause fainting differently? with hyperventilating, you hyperventilate, then hold your breath until you pass out due to lack of oxygen. Using gas is the same, pass out due to low oxygen. The gas is easier but otherwise it's the same mechanism, low oxygen
Displacing oxygen from the lungs results in a drop of blood oxygen saturation levels. An oxygen-depleted blood remains to be oxygen-depleted until a new portion of oxygen is inhaled.

Hyperventilation results in a drop of carbon dioxide levels in the blood. Low CO2 levels produce vasoconstriction (narrowing of blood vessels) which decreases the blood flow to the brain. When you stop hyperventilating, carbon dioxide is accumulated in the blood, since your cells continue to produce CO2. When CO2 builds up, your blood vessels expand, the vasoconstriction is reverted, and the normal blood flow to the brain is restored.

In both cases, there is a lack of oxygen in the brain, but the mechanism is different. In the first case, the blood doesn't contain a sufficient amount of oxygen, whilst in the second case, the blood is not delivered to the brain at a sufficient rate. As long as you don't inhale oxygen, low oxygen in the blood is persistent (oxygen continues to drop by time as the cells consume it), while low carbon dioxide level is temporary.

If you combine displacing oxygen from the lungs and hyperventilation, you can pass out faster than if you were using only oxygen displacement. This implies a possibility to pass out and interrupt the procedure of removing oxygen from the blood before reaching a sufficiently good drop of blood oxygen saturation that would be needed for stable unconsciousness. When the temporary effect of hyperventilation ends, you can wake up.

Fainting due to long breath-holding is another case that differs from hyperventilation-induced syncope. After long breath-holding, you have oxygen-depleted blood and a big amount of carbon dioxide (even if you hyperventilated before), so the blood vessels are not narrowed at the moment of passing out, and the sole reason of fainting is insufficient blood oxygen saturation. The role of hyperventilation here is delaying the urge to breathe rather than producing syncope via vasoconstriction.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolphin55 and hexd
Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Displacing oxygen from the lungs results in a drop of blood oxygen saturation levels. An oxygen-depleted blood remains to be oxygen-depleted until a new portion of oxygen is inhaled.

Hyperventilation results in a drop of carbon dioxide levels in the blood. Low CO2 levels produce vasoconstriction (narrowing of blood vessels) which decreases the blood flow to the brain. When you stop hyperventilating, carbon dioxide is accumulated in the blood, since your cells continue to produce CO2. When CO2 builds up, your blood vessels expand, the vasoconstriction is reverted, and the normal blood flow to the brain is restored.

In both cases, there is a lack of oxygen in the brain, but the mechanism is different. In the first case, the blood doesn't contain a sufficient amount of oxygen, whilst in the second case, the blood is not delivered to the brain at a sufficient rate. As long as you don't inhale oxygen, low oxygen in the blood is persistent (oxygen continues to drop by time as the cells consume it), while low carbon dioxide level is temporary.

If you combine displacing oxygen from the lungs and hyperventilation, you can pass out faster than if you were using only oxygen displacement. This implies a possibility to pass out and interrupt the procedure of removing oxygen from the blood before reaching a sufficiently good drop of blood oxygen saturation that would be needed for stable unconsciousness. When the temporary effect of hyperventilation ends, you can wake up.

Fainting due to long breath-holding is another case that differs from hyperventilation-induced syncope. After long breath-holding, you have oxygen-depleted blood and a big amount of carbon dioxide (even if you hyperventilated before), so the blood vessels are not narrowed at the moment of passing out, and the sole reason of fainting is insufficient blood oxygen saturation. The role of hyperventilation here is delaying the urge to breathe rather than producing syncope via vasoconstriction.
ah ok, sounds like you know a lot more about this than me xD
in that case, do you believe that inhaling asphyxiant gas to a sufficient level to pass out (without involving hyperventilating) would achieve a SWB ctb successfully, without chance you would wake up as you drown?

Intoxicated

Intoxicated

M
Nov 16, 2023
in that case, do you believe that inhaling asphyxiant gas to a sufficient level to pass out (without involving hyperventilating) would achieve a SWB ctb successfully, without chance you would wake up as you drown?
I think, the chances of waking up can be reduced to some good minimum, but not to absolute zero. Cerebral blood flow can rise up above the normal rate due to hypoxemia and hypercapnia. Hence, inhalation of the asphyxiant gas should probably be done gradually at the moments of feeling the urge to breathe, so that fainting would occur with dilated blood vessels and further vasodilation wouldn't increase the blood flow too much.

After thinking about hyperventilation a bit more, I guess that it actually can be used together with the gas asphyxiation method if inhalations of an asphyxiant gas happen after long breath-holding. That is, the sequences

hyperventilation -> inhalations of asphyxiant -> fainting or
hyperventilation with asphyxiant -> fainting

are not OK, but

hyperventilation -> breath-holding until the urge to breath -> inhalations of asphyxiant -> fainting

can be OK.

K

Kondensmilch

Feb 12, 2024
Do we really need a gas?
If i just hyperventilate and then put on a mask that prevents me from breathing i should also suffocate without pain. And in case I feel pain, I just take of the mask.
Or do I miss something?