• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

bp74777

Aug 25, 2023
I made the mistake of telling a friend that I plan to ctb, and the police showed up at my house. How fun. I just told them that I was good and that I was going to a friend house because my Uber had arrived at the same time as the police.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, boddibo, Forever Sleep and 3 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Sounds like the friend did it from a place of kindness, compassion and care.

What would you do if a friend told you that they were planning to end their life?

Reactions: rozeske and boddibo
cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
Sounds like the friend did it from a place of kindness, compassion and care.
police don't help with anything, and in fact can sometimes end up being the ones to kill the suicidal person. I don't doubt the person was caring but this wasnt the right way to go about it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, hibikikyuxx, sadandlonely99 and 4 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
police don't help with anything, and in fact can sometimes end up being the ones to kill the suicidal person. I don't doubt the person was caring but this wasnt the right way to go about it.
I agree with you. Personally I wouldn't have called the emergency services unless the friend had asked me to - but I think most people wouldn't know what else to do. Unfortunately for those of us who are used to suffering or have experiences of the emergency services, we are aware that they cannot help and can actually be a hindrance - bit for the inexperienced, they tend to idealise what emergency servuce can do to help..,

• Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, rozeske, boddibo and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Usually non suicidal people don't really know what to do when given such information except panic and involve the police or emergency services. I think It's kind of hard to really judge them and kind of unfair to involve them.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Homo erectus, leavingthesoultrap, Kit1 and 2 others
cetacea

cetacea

underwater
Nov 8, 2023
I agree with you. Personally I wouldn't have called the emergency services unless the friend had asked me to - but I think most people wouldn't know what else to do. Unfortunately for those of us who are used to suffering or have experiences of the emergency services, we are aware that they cannot help and can actually be a hindrance - bit for the inexperienced, they tend to idealise what emergency servuce can do to help..,
Oh yes I agree, caring people often don't know what to do to help.
Usually non suicidal people don't really know what to do when given such information except panic and involve the police or emergency services. I think It's kind of hard to really judge them and kind of unfair to involve them.
You bring up a good point. Im not sure its "unfair" to involve someone but I understand the desire to not burden anyone. The desire to CTB is already a burden on us.

I made the mistake of telling a friend that I plan to ctb, and the police showed up at my house. How fun. I just told them that I was good and that I was going to a friend house because my Uber had arrived at the same time as the police.
I hope you are ok and that the encounter wasn't scary. I know I'd be scared.

• Hugs
Reactions: rozeske, Homo erectus and Kit1