Jun 27, 2022
My head was so much clearer. I'd take walks, meditate, journal

• Aww..
Reactions: LittleBlackCat and freedomcalls
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is very true. There has even been a movement towards non-smart phones, though perhaps simply removing social apps would do a similar job without losing practical utilities like GPS.

When I was a kid in the '80s, none of us had even heard of the internet. Of course, it was a bit boring, especially as I was almost always alone. But it was also magical and wondrous in ways that I've never known since.

What makes modern technology so dangerous is that it is smart and devious. Facebook (etc.) is using people, rather than people using it.

Reactions: whatevs
F

freedomcalls

Student
Nov 9, 2022
I understand it's hard to let go (even temporarily) of things that offer you solace, but it could be really rewarding to make a point of turning your phone off for long enough to go for a walk; set a timer and set it down long enough to meditate

No matter how hopeless that feels, it IS achievable even if you need to build it up a few minutes at a time

I periodically delete my socials to try and reduce my phone time and it does help with my mental health too…. Im addicted to the dopamine hit of notifications but there are SO many ways to hack that hit and it's worth a try

jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
Before phones I'd do more real life stuff, healthier stuff, like practice DJing and programming and electronics. Now I just waste time unproductively on social media getting downvoted and bans all over the place stressing myself out and those around me. My gf has had her limit of outbursts from me everytime I get banned from a sub on Reddit for desperately venting. I had much healthier coping mechanisms for boredom and depression

• Aww..
Reactions: whatevs and przeciwwymiotne
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
Before phones I'd do more real life stuff, healthier stuff, like practice DJing and programming and electronics. Now I just waste time unproductively on social media getting downvoted and bans all over the place stressing myself out and those around me. My gf has had her limit of outbursts from me everytime I get banned from a sub on Reddit for desperately venting. I had much healthier coping mechanisms for boredom and depression
Imo the phone exaggerates boredom and depression it's not a healthy coping mechanisms it makes everything worse

• Love
Reactions: jodes2
Pentobarbital_Plz

Pentobarbital_Plz

STOP HAVING KIDS!!!
Oct 28, 2022
I fucking hate it. I'm on it ALL day. But as soon as I'm away from it, I have no idea what to do. I can't get myself to do anything. Why not just watch a bunch of others do things?

Let's let the people decide how I should feel about everything…I hate it. All I do is scrollllll. Refresh. Consume all of this content while judging everything: individuals, myself, humanity as a whole, the entire world and everything in it. I feel like I'll never understand what's sooo entertaining. I guess we're all just addicted.

Reactions: LittleBlackCat
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
I bought my first smartphone in April and at the moment it sucks, in fact I only turn it on to do the updates that come up... and I've gone a month without turning it on because of neglect or laziness , actually this thread reminds me to start it up...let's see if someone made a mistake and called me, hahaha.

It's a piece of junk that doesn't do me any good, but thanks to it I have a bank card (you must have a mobile phone to order it).

//

Jo em vaig comprar el meu primer smartphone l'abril i de moment em fa nosa, de fet només l'engego per fer les actualitzacions que toquen... i m'he arribat a passar un mes sense engegar-lo per deixadesa o mandra, de fet aquest fil em recorda que l'he d'engegar... a veure si algú s'ha equivocat i m'ha trucat, hahaha.

És un trasto que no em fa cap servei, però gràcies a ell tinc targeta bancària (és obligat tenir mòbil per demanar-la).

Himalayan

Himalayan

"Wake up to reality, nothing ever goes as planned"
Sep 30, 2022
Idk, If i am addicted or if i use it because its useful...

Reactions: przeciwwymiotne
P

przeciwwymiotne

Be rude to me at all times, I don't deserve kindne
Jun 27, 2022
Reactions: whatevs