simpler-fy

simpler-fy

Sep 15, 2020
If you are worried about how your family will react when they find you then you needn't do it anywhere near home. There are lots of ways to commit corpse-free suicide.
People seem to think their suicide must follow a procedure of leave a note, take one of some seven cliché methods, and a big melodramatic exit. A declaration of despair from a bridge railing, a weepy bloated corpse in a noose, blowing their brains out on livestream in their front hallways, throwing themselves in front of a train.

You needn't involve anyone. Find a crevice, find a body of water. You can leave your note but why inconvenience things further with a corpse?

"Stand not upon the order of your going but go at once."

U

usernameforhere

Student
Nov 15, 2020
I was thinking about how to blackout in the ocean and be sucked out rather then pushed in... no note... shirt and id and credit cards left on the beach... any ideas on how to influence direction ?

JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I want to jump off a Baltic ferry with weights in my backpack and never be found. Don't want to be autopsied.

Reactions: simpler-fy
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Yes, that certainly is an option. I just think a lot of people's SI might kick in if they try a jumping method so they do another method instead. It is an fantasy method of mine just to jump off a cliff somewhere scenic and basically disappearing. It definitely has appeal.

Reactions: Fthis
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
IMO, it would be much better if family know that you died and have a body to bury/cremate. Just disappearing is even more unnecessarily dramatic and uses up public resources that would be better spent elsewhere.

Just my 2c.

Reactions: Brink
Brink

Brink

Exhausted. RadHomo.
Feb 11, 2020
How cruel. Potential troll

Reactions: demuic and Celerity
simpler-fy

simpler-fy

Sep 15, 2020
How cruel. Potential troll
Your death is no more significant than you are. Your note should be sufficient and you owe no one closure. If you have made your decision then so be it - this is not a time nor a place to be coddled. You know your family better than I - if you think your loved ones walking into a room with your corpse would make things easier you are more than welcome to inhale NO2 in your parents' guest room one weekend. Any more convoluted method would just be gruesome.