shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I'm not sure how I'm meant to work on no sleep, constant anxiety, nausea, hot flushes and not being able to eat.
Has anyone withdrawn from mirtzrapine successfully or know when they will end? I have been on 30mg for a year and haven't tapered off them as I hated being on it. I'm physically ill from these withdrawals.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, HelloHell and Brink
Fin

Fin

Normality is a crowd-sourced fantasy.
Apr 20, 2019
I am on mirtazapine right now and have been on 15 mg for over a year. For me it's been a life-saver (depression-wise), but I can say it is the only drug I'm currently addicted to, and I am a light drug user. At night I can barely wait to take my mirtazapine to have that baby sleep. Most of the days I don't eat much or anything at all until I take the drug at night, when it kicks off my hunger. I'm due to taper off in February and I have no idea how that will go, especially since I'm also on 75 mg of venlafaxine and I have brain zaps even after one missed dose.

• Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk
Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
Been trying to taper off bromazepam since over a week with the help of valium , it's still hell and I haven't been to work since over a week now due to the anxiety and depression. Hardly feel the urge to eat. From all the research I've done it does get better after the couple of days or weeks of hell (depending on person) . Hang in there !

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
Fin

Fin

Apr 20, 2019
Been trying to taper off bromazepam since over a week with the help of valium , it's still hell and I haven't been to work since over a week now due to the anxiety and depression. Hardly feel the urge to eat. From all the research I've done it does get better after the couple of days or weeks of hell (depending on person) . Hang in there !
They are withdrawing from mirtazapine (an antidepressant), not from a benzodiazepine (an anxiolytic).

Reactions: shay23
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
I am on mirtazapine right now and have been on 15 mg for over a year. For me it's been a life-saver (depression-wise), but I can say it is the only drug I'm currently addicted to, and I am a light drug user. At night I can barely wait to take my mirtazapine to have that baby sleep. Most of the days I don't eat much or anything at all until I take the drug at night, when it kicks off my hunger. I'm due to taper off in February and I have no idea how that will go, especially since I'm also on 75 mg of venlafaxine and I have brain zaps even after one missed dose.
Glad you found something that works for you! It definitely helped me with sleep and appetite but overall didn't feel any improvement so decided to come off them as I was constantly on the verge of tears. But I can't cope without them right now, it's almost been a week and it's been hell!
I hope the brain zaps get better, they sound really annoying. Good luck with the tapering, make sure you do it properly as I think that's where I went wrong.

Good luck! Thanks for the well wishes, hope your side effects subside soon. Look after yourself!

• Hugs
Reactions: Fin
Xdyzine

Xdyzine

Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most.
Nov 19, 2020
Glad you found something that works for you! It definitely helped me with sleep and appetite but overall didn't feel any improvement so decided to come off them as I was constantly on the verge of tears. But I can't cope without them right now, it's almost been a week and it's been hell!
I hope the brain zaps get better, they sound really annoying. Good luck with the tapering, make sure you do it properly as I think that's where I went wrong.

Good luck! Thanks for the well wishes, hope your side effects subside soon. Look after yourself!
Thank you and right back at you ! , I've been on SSRIs before too, kicked that so hopefully will kick this too. Best wishes and prayers

• Love
Fin

Fin

Apr 20, 2019
Thank you for your kind words! If you feel like it hasn't solved your depression, why not talk to your psychiatrist about switching to another antidepressant? Being on another med that works on the same receptors might alleviate some of your withdrawal symptoms and hopefully help with your depression more than mirtazapine has. You could also try to address the symptoms individually, like taking a sleep aid or an antiemetic when you feel nauseous. For anxiety I wouldn't recommend benzos, as they are hella addictive, but there are several substitutes that you might look into, like kava kava, kanna, mulungu, valerian root (which also works for sleep) and others.

• Hugs
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
Thank you for your kind words! If you feel like it hasn't solved your depression, why not talk to your psychiatrist about switching to another antidepressant? Being on another med that works on the same receptors might alleviate some of your withdrawal symptoms and hopefully help with your depression more than mirtazapine has. You could also try to address the symptoms individually, like taking a sleep aid or an antiemetic when you feel nauseous. For anxiety I wouldn't recommend benzos, as they are hella addictive, but there are several substitutes that you might look into, like kava kava, kanna, mulungu, valerian root (which also works for sleep) and others.
My doctor told me "not to come back" even if things got worse as he claimed I was attention seeking after almost dying from my suicide attempt. Thanks for the helpful tips, perhaps I should request another doctor!

• Hugs
Reactions: Gnip and Lastsauce
Fin

Fin

Apr 20, 2019
My doctor told me "not to come back" even if things got worse as he claimed I was attention seeking after almost dying from my suicide attempt. Thanks for the helpful tips, perhaps I should request another doctor!
Then your doctor is an asshole and not deserving of your coming back. Definitely look for another doctor! Good luck and don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to!

• Love
Reactions: Gnip and shay23
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I hate taking any meds I was only on 15mg mirtzrapine to help with sleep and I didn't see any improvement so I came off them after 15 nights but if your really feeling bad why not take half the dose for two or three weeks to ease the side effects, your doctor is an idiot and I would suggest changing and don't be frieghtened to change a few times until you feel comfortable with them.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo

• Hugs
shay23

shay23

Student
Nov 2, 2020
Then your doctor is an asshole and not deserving of your coming back. Definitely look for another doctor! Good luck and don't hesitate to PM me if you ever need someone to talk to!
Thanks so much for your kindness!! Back to you too :heart:

I hate taking any meds I was only on 15mg mirtzrapine to help with sleep and I didn't see any improvement so I came off them after 15 nights but if your really feeling bad why not take half the dose for two or three weeks to ease the side effects, your doctor is an idiot and I would suggest changing and don't be frieghtened to change a few times until you feel comfortable with them.

Good luck

Cheers

Geo

Thank you I'll try that! Much appreciated:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Fin
ZardozOmega

ZardozOmega

Narcissist Gay NEET-cel
Mar 4, 2020
Antidepressants are very dangerous to quit cold turkey. You ***need*** to taper off. Talk to your psychiatrist.

Reactions: shay23 and Fin