LuckyAutumn

LuckyAutumn

Sep 16, 2023
I looked through my previous medications and found extra Mirtazipine and Hydrocodone. I know that Mirtazipine isn't a dopamine blocking antiemetic, but could it still work just less effectively? Should I consider taking Hydrocodone to relieve some of the pain?

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Mirtazapine is a medication which blocks the 5HT3 receptor in addition to having antidepressant effects, leading to an antiemetic effect. It has successfully been used as an antiemetic drug in patients undergoing chemotherapy and chemotherapy nausea is BAD. You can use it as an antiemetic at low dosages. I have done some research and people use about 15mg of it as an antiemetic but you should test yourself and see which dosage works best for you.

As for Hydrocodone, I only know of tablets with Acetaminophen in addition to Hydrocodone. Are these what your tablets are like? If so, how much of each drug is in each?

Reactions: Valky
LuckyAutumn

LuckyAutumn

Sep 16, 2023
Mirtazapine is a medication which blocks the 5HT3 receptor in addition to having antidepressant effects, leading to an antiemetic effect. It has successfully been used as an antiemetic drug in patients undergoing chemotherapy. You can use it as an antiemetic at low dosages. I have done some research and people use about 15mg of it as an antiemetic.

As for Hydrocodone, I only know of tablets with Acetaminophen in addition to Hydrocodone. Are these what your tablets are like? If so, how much of each drug is in each?
Yes, the Hydrocodone has acetaminophen in it. I have 6 tablets of Mirtazapine. It doesn't say the dosage on the bottle, but I have 22 tablets for Hydrocodone.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Yes, the Hydrocodone has acetaminophen in it. I have 6 tablets of Mirtazapine. It doesn't say the dosage on the bottle, but I have 22 tablets for Hydrocodone.
How much acetaminophen and hydrocodone are in each tablet and who did you get the Mirtazapine from, try asking them what the dosage is.

LuckyAutumn

LuckyAutumn

Sep 16, 2023
How much acetaminophen and hydrocodone are in each tablet and who did you get the Mirtazapine from, try asking them what the dosage is.
5mg Hydrocodone and 325mg Acetaminophen per tablet. The Mirtazapine is 15mg per tablet.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
5mg Hydrocodone and 325mg Acetaminophen per tablet. The Mirtazapine is 15mg per tablet.
Okay, take 1-2 tablets of hydrocodone 30-60 minutes before SN and usually Mirtazapine takes about 30 minutes to work so take whatever dosage is best for you (I have now seen 30mg being used as an antiemetic in a case study.. Its best to test yourself because the dosages vary afaik. Some have taken 15mg while others 30mg..)
It is most commonly used as an antiemetic in 7.5-15mg dosages, 30mg was strange but it worked for some people..

Last edited:
Reactions: LuckyAutumn