user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i know it says mints can take away the taste but i'm just making sure it won't get in the way of the fasting/ stomach content. i have two starlight mints (the hard red and white striped kind) that are about the size of a coin. i'll probably suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it.
but i won't actually like chew it and swallow it i'll just swallow the part that melted in my mouth. it should be fine right? i'm doing and eight hour fast.

Zhontafly

Zhontafly

Student
Jul 16, 2020
i know it says mints can take away the taste but i'm just making sure it won't get in the way of the fasting/ stomach content. i have two starlight mints (the hard red and white striped kind) that are about the size of a coin. i'll probably suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it—> take a sip—> suck on it.
but i won't actually like chew it and swallow it i'll just swallow the part that melted in my mouth. it should be fine right? i'm doing and eight hour fast.
Yeah, that should'nt be a problem at all. Though I would just drink the entire SN down first and get it over with, and then suck on the mint candy.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, AbsoluteNothingness and x~Sophia~x
S

Symbiote

Global Mod
Oct 12, 2020
Remember your first beer? How it tasted like shit but you wanted to be cool around your friends and chugged it? Well that's the same with SN. If you're committed and retarded like me, you chug that shit down like you're trying to impress an imaginary lover and then pat yourself on the back afterwards.

There's no ways around it, goes for any poison or method out there, even the peaceful ones.

• Love
Reactions: ねたみ, Oozzy, WornOutLife and 2 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Remember your first beer? How it tasted like shit but you wanted to be cool around your friends and chugged it? Well that's the same with SN. If you're committed and retarded like me, you chug that shit down like you're trying to impress an imaginary lover and then pat yourself on the back afterwards.

There's no ways around it, goes for any poison or method out there, even the peaceful ones.

This.

Also, I've heard that in order to get accustomed to SN's taste, it might be a good idea to drink water + salt. Dunno if it's 100% true but if I had SN, I would try it.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Always give 100% - unless you’re donating blood.
Sep 10, 2020
If you suck, sip, suck, sip... I doubt you'll manage to get it all down the hatch. If you're 100 % certain ctb us what you want to do, I'm afraid you'll just have to bite the bullet, so to speak, and get it down in one.

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
I took 25g SN in 50 ml water and kept that in my mouth for minutes and then washed my mouth. I think this helped me to tolerate Sn tast in a real attempt

• Love
Reactions: ねたみ, Kbeau, pen and 1 other person
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
I took 25g SN in 50 ml water and kept that in my mouth for minutes and then washed my mouth. I think this helped me to tolerate Sn tast in a real attempt
I'd be just careful with this type of test, because it is easy for toxic substances to penetrate to the blood by tissues...

Reactions: aminend
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
This.

Also, I've heard that in order to get accustomed to SN's taste, it might be a good idea to drink water + salt. Dunno if it's 100% true but if I had SN, I would try it.
yeah the thing is i tried the salt water thing and tried to chug it in one big swallow but as soon as it entered my mouth i gagged it up. i later tried it in about three big sips with the mint and was able to get it down. everyone's saying to chug but i'm not sure wish is a better option because i have to avoid vomiting.

Reactions: ねたみ and WornOutLife
K

Kbeau

Student
Jan 17, 2021
Great idea
Mildly off topic- can the SN be put into pills and swallowed?

Reactions: ねたみ
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Mildly off topic- can the SN be put into pills and swallowed?
yes, some have been known to pack the SN into capsules.

Reactions: Kbeau
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What about gum to get rid of the taste? Obviously it would have to be a really strong one. Might help to curb the hunger urge from fasting too maybe.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
What about gum to get rid of the taste? Obviously it would have to be a really strong one. Might help to curb the hunger urge from fasting too maybe.
If I'm hungry, chewing gum makes hunger pains even worse. It's something to do with swallowing air and producing more saliva.

• Wow
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
If I'm hungry, chewing gum makes hunger pains even worse. It's something to do with swallowing air and producing more saliva.
I never thought of it that way, for me gum helps in that respect but maybe that's because my body settles for the mechanical chewing when I'm hungry but not too hungry. I've never tried it when fasting before so I guess it would be different there.

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
I never thought of it that way, for me gum helps in that respect but maybe that's because my body settles for the mechanical chewing when I'm hungry but not too hungry. I've never tried it when fasting before so I guess it would be different there.
yes, and apparently because you're swallowing more saliva, this stimulates the gastric juices and then the stomach is expecting food, which causes hunger pains.

• Aww..
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
yes, and apparently because you're swallowing more saliva, this stimulates the gastric juices and then the stomach is expecting food, which causes hunger pains.
Guess I'll just use the gum for the initial taste then spit it out immediately. Thanks for clarifying.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Holy shit, it is less than 2 ounces of a salty liquid. Just drink it. You are far more likely to make it taste worse by these ridiculous measures (ever brush your teeth and then drink something)?

• Wow
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms, it's_all_a_game, lostmyhope and 3 others
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
The only thing I can think of is that I have heard of mint causing certain people acid reflux related issues.

x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Holy shit, it is less than 2 ounces of a salty liquid. Just drink it.
Ooh, that's harsh!!
We aren't all the same... what you think is easy, isn't easy for everyone, especially when you add SI to the mix.

Reactions: hurting75, Tackeyy and foxdie
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The constant hand wringing and ridiculous measures proposed here have caused far more anxiety and discomfort than benefit. It's less than two ounces of liquid (not even a full shot). People would be far better stating just drinking it like most people do any liquor. Instead there is constant, unneeded but reinforced, anxiety about the taste, similar to the endless freaking posts about "testing" meto.

• Hmph!
  • Wow
Reactions: Atlantian, Robyn, NegativeSymptoms and 5 others
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
The constant hand wringing and ridiculous measures proposed here have caused far more anxiety and discomfort than benefit. It's less than two ounces of liquid (not even a full shot). People would be far better stating just drinking it like most people do any liquor. Instead there is constant, unneeded but reinforced, anxiety about the taste, similar to the endless freaking posts about "testing" meto.
We're talking about suicide here, not slamming down a few shots in order to 'party party'! How fuckin invalidating you are! Plenty have fear of hanging too, what you gonna say to them - "just get that noose round yer neck ffs"??
Have some compassion, you tool!!

Reactions: Tackeyy
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
Name calling is the tool of those who have nothing else to contribute. The vast majority of concerned posts about the taste of SN are by people who have never tasted it. It's salty...so what. Yet, there is endless hand wringing over something that just isn't a big deal. These endless hand wringing posts contribute to needless anxiety.

you mischaracterize what I've said for the same reason you resort to name calling. I'm not saying party down and drink SN. I'm saying drinking it very quickly, like a shot, is infinitely preferable to slowly sipping it (and any other liquid that tastes bad).

Last edited:
Reactions: Atlantian and it's_all_a_game
x~Sophia~x

x~Sophia~x

Sep 10, 2020
Name calling is the tool of those who have nothing else to contribute. The vast majority of concerned posts about the taste of SN are by people who have never tasted it. It's salty...so what. Yet, there is endless hand wringing over something that just isn't a big deal. These endless hand wringing posts contribute to needless anxiety.

you mischaracterize what I've said for the same reason you resort to name calling. I'm not saying party down and drink SN. I'm saying drinking it very quickly, like a shot, is infinitely preferable to slowly sipping it (and any other liquid that tastes bad).
You're not really getting what I'm saying, are you.
Anyway, I refuse to repeat myself. If you don't understand what I'm saying, there's no point in my continuing with this conversation.

Reactions: Tackeyy
Donk

Donk

Useless since day 1
Jan 3, 2020
meh I think the better approach would be sucking on the mint after you drink the full glass of SN. seems unnecessary to repeatedly take a sip of SN and suck on the mint.

Reactions: NegativeSymptoms and x~Sophia~x