T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
I don't know why, but I'm always the most upset after minor inconveniences. Today is another example of that, I broke my car door handle on accident because my door was frozen. This normally wouldn't be an issue but my car is obscure. It's a Chevrolet, which isn't obscure but its model is unusual, and fairly unheard of. So much so that I've been to an auto shop, I give the make and model, and I get a puzzled look.

It's not a huge deal, it's not even the front doors, it's the rear driver door and I can't find the right color (white), all I can find is black and chrome.

The worst part is it could've been avoided. I could've just went to the other side and opened the door which I had to do after breaking the handle. The biggest insult is that that door wasn't stuck at all. So basically, my door handle broke because I'm a fucking idiot, and now I can't find another part to fix it. My best bet might be a junk yard or car scrap yard, we were able to find an engine for my car there. I suppose I could have mix match parts but I don't want that, I've always prided myself in how clean I keep my car, but it's slowly going worse through no fault of mine (literally no fault, other people scratching it, and a lot of other stuff from my family, like them riding a lawnmower over gravel nearby which lodged a rock in the side, damaging the paint and leaving a small rock-sized hole that didn't go all the way through). I'll accept responsibility for the things I did do like the door handle but Jesus, I can't wait until I can afford a new car which might not be any time soon.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep and Slow_Farewell
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
There are...like little things - to other people- that is apparently a big deal to me.
and sometimes it's...tiring to explain why. I don't think it's something wrong on your end. And you're not alone.

hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
minor inconveniences tend to throw me for a loop too for some reason. even now, when i feel as though i no longer really have strong emotions.

yesterday i finally got myself out of bed & across my room to boot up my Xbox & play some CoD. then lo & behold, it tells me there's an update. instant annoyance bubbles up, but i remind myself it's fine, just do the update. so i do, & then i get a notice, 'Sorry, we're unable to find the update at this time. Try again later.' when i tried to pause & unpause it, nothing happened. all day i'd wanted to play CoD, & when i finally got myself to do it, i have to deal w bs?? i swear if i was capable, i would've started crying right then from the sheer frustration i felt😭

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
I am like you.. but I didn't learn from my previous mistakes at all.. and I let all my minor inconveniences get into my head until I got here with the most major inconvenience in life that cannot be addressed or mitigated. Don't become like me, take it easy.