Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I was a guest on here for over a year and now a member, have seen lots of different and unique methods spoken about. I think SS has some great support and interesting views. My one concern is when someone has a unique way to CTB they can be shot down for not choosing the accepted way to go. Yes it might not work but don't they have the right to try a method they are comfortable trying

Reactions: overandout and dropdeadfred
M

Marauder

why keep existing when you´re no living?
Sep 9, 2020
I was a guest on here for over a year and now a member, have seen lots of different and unique methods spoken about. I think SS has some great support and interesting views. My one concern is when someone has a unique way to CTB they can be shot down for not choosing the accepted way to go. Yes it might not work but don't they have the right to try a method they are comfortable trying
Do you refer to the guy that was about to open explosive megathread?

Dizzy_Dreams

Dizzy_Dreams

I’m never alone, I’m alone all the time.
Jun 25, 2020
Anyone can try whatever they want it's just others have either been through failed attempts or they know the method likely won't work and might cause a lot of pain ect.

if you fail an attempt can can be super traumatic.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Do you refer to the guy that was about to open explosive megathread?
Didn't see that. More just a general observation
Anyone can try whatever they want it's just others have either been through failed attempts or they know the method likely won't work and might cause a lot of pain ect.

if you fail an attempt can can be super traumatic.
I have failed a lot of attempts so understand that. Help and advice is great, it's more you shouldn't do that you should do this

Last edited:
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Didn't see that. More just a general observation

I have failed a lot of attempts so understand that. Help and advice is great, it's more you shouldn't do that you should do this

Suicide; not genocide.

We don't want you to suffer unnecessarily on your journey whether it is successful or not if you are already suffering. Especially physically. Especially if one has done that method before an failed painfully and miserably and knows what happens at the hospital. If you're a maschocist I'm not judging but please keep in mind there are others who are less experienced looking for peace and a peaceful way despite desperation. And the consequences of failure may lead to worse outcomes like brain damage. Others may be impulsive without knowing the possible consequences of a failed attempt. Am I being a fucken "Karen"? Oh well.

Last edited:
Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019

I fully understand what you mean. Just like you, I plan to use a very unusual method, and I'm almost invariably met with dismay, suspicion, or silence when I bring it up. That said, I believe that many if not most people, yours truly included, who criticize other methods than the most common ones do so because 1) they think that it may lead to pain, agony, and/or failure or 2) they fear, consciously or subconsciously, that their own method might be suboptimal and need to reassure themselves that it's the best one.

Reactions: Spyware, Lady Cassie, DetachedDreamer97 and 3 others
dropdeadfred

dropdeadfred

Boarding the bus to Everlasting Dreamland ♡
Oct 19, 2020
I fully understand what you mean. Just like you, I plan to use a very unusual method, and I'm almost invariably met with dismay, suspicion, or silence when I bring it up. That said, I believe that many if not most people, yours truly included, who criticize other methods than the most common ones do so because 1) they think that it may lead to pain, agony, and/or failure or 2) they fear, consciously or subconsciously, that their own method might be suboptimal and need to reassure themselves that it's the best one.
I also think a lot of users tend to not take into account that some "atypical" methods can also be religious/spiritual/cultural.

Reactions: Gromit-CTB, DetachedDreamer97 and Sensei
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Suicide not genocide.

We don't want you to suffer unnecessarily on your journey whether it is successful or not if you are already suffering.

I agree about not wanting to suffer, although am sure some may want this. If they do they have that right.

Thank you @Sensei you hit nail on head, I think the second point you raise is very apt.
I have had two friends ctb in horrific ways and am sure they suffered, listening to family members and friends talk about why did they do it that way sickened me more than the ctb. My opinion and it's only mine and won't be popular is suicide is personal and however you choose it and so long as you personally are comfortable you do it that way. Yes if you fail like I have it can cause long lasting issues but you have to try the way you feel at most ease and not choose the latest popular way to make others feel comfortable with choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: AppelduVide, DetachedDreamer97, dropdeadfred and 2 others
O

overandout

Experienced
Feb 28, 2019
Yes I agree. There are definitely other ways that people have been successful with but it's rarely mentioned here. Overdose is an area that's not really concentrated on here...not a unique method but it is constantly shot down on here.

This website collates info from inquests with confirmed deaths in the United Kingdom..and it's reassuring to see other people having success with methods that aren't always spoken about on here.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Sensei, DetachedDreamer97 and 1 other person
CoalmineCanary

CoalmineCanary

Jul 15, 2020
Exercise your autonomy.

Reactions: dropdeadfred, Sensei and Gromit-CTB
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Yes I agree. There are definitely other ways that people have been successful with but it's rarely mentioned here. Overdose is an area that's not really concentrated on here...not a unique method but it is constantly shot down on here.

This website collates info from inquests with confirmed deaths in the United Kingdom..and it's reassuring to see other people having success with methods that aren't always spoken about on here.

A lot of people will try various methods until they find the one.

I know this sounds stupid but can say sometimes when reading the reply's it can be like.
(Person choosing method) I have chosen to buy a purple car, and people shoot them down because a red car is way more popular so you should get that one. I know that's a terrible analogy but just venting my own brain thoughts. Sorry

Reactions: dropdeadfred, DetachedDreamer97 and overandout
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
You're very much right. Frankly, even if I wanted to follow the popular methods, I couldn't as there's an issue, being money, accessibility, and factors that hinder the chances of the method working.
I have SN, but I take vitamin C daily, which is an antidote for SN poisoning. I could stop, but I don'tknow for how long it takes to clear my system.

I have azide, but it's explosive and shit can go wrong.

There was talk about GHB or 1,4 butanediol. But since I'm emetophobic, I searched for alternatives that had less of the nasty side effects. Which that is 2m2b.

When I had nothing, I focused on inventing a theoretical adrenaline suicide technique Bearshaek to cause a self-induced heart attack or subarrachnoid hemmorhage. For the most part, it was shot down when I shared it. I won't blame them though, since there was risks when trying to execute and even then, it's not easy to bring your adrenaline as high as you want it. But the thing was I was still trying to understand how it works so I can later perfect it and I'm making progress. But yeah.

When I was tryjng to make an alternativeto nembutal, I worked on making a perfected yew tincture, as well as the cerberin cocktail. Most would say it wouldn't work or be peaceful, but with research, there's a chance things will work out smoothly. With the right preparations, ingredients, as well as the right antiemetics.

When there's a will, there's a way. You can make anything work if you're persistent enough.

Reactions: dropdeadfred and Gromit-CTB
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
You're very much right. Frankly, even if I wanted to follow the popular methods, I couldn't as there's an issue, being money, accessibility, and factors that hinder the chances of the method working.
I have SN, but I take vitamin C daily, which is an antidote for SN poisoning. I could stop, but I don'tknow for how long it takes to clear my system.

I have azide, but it's explosive and shit can go wrong.

There was talk about GHB or 1,4 butanediol. But since I'm emetophobic, I searched for alternatives that had less of the nasty side effects. Which that is 2m2b.

When I had nothing, I focused on inventing a theoretical adrenaline suicide technique Bearshaek to cause a self-induced heart attack or subarrachnoid hemmorhage. For the most part, it was shot down when I shared it. I won't blame them though, since there was risks when trying to execute and even then, it's not easy to bring your adrenaline as high as you want it. But the thing was I was still trying to understand how it works so I can later perfect it and I'm making progress. But yeah.

When I was tryjng to make an alternativeto nembutal, I worked on making a perfected yew tincture, as well as the cerberin cocktail. Most would say it wouldn't work or be peaceful, but with research, there's a chance things will work out smoothly. With the right preparations, ingredients, as well as the right antiemetics.

When there's a will, there's a way. You can make anything work if you're persistent enough.
Wow I feel so uninformed after reading this post. Almost feels as though I have put no prep in my own choice (I have but you have really shown what research is).

I do agree with where there's a will there's a way. I have tried so often with various forms and obviously never been successful. This will not deter me from trying new methods or unpopular methods should I say.

Just had my delivery of Phenergan for help with sleeping at present 56 25mg tablets, will tell doctor in 2 weeks these don't work so I get a different or more powerful sleep aid, the other side of my way is on order and should arrive in 3-4 days B17 tablets at 600mg 120 of them with a 4:1 ratio. This will be taken with alcohol (not drunk in 20 years) and will treat myself to some pure THC vape juice. Will book hotel sit in bath and listen to my CTB song "lay my body down" I know a lot of people say it won't work or be painful, my life has been painful so ok with death being same, just hoping that this time I am at bottom of 9th and 2 strikeouts already on board (not an American just like that analogy)

Last edited:
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97