sad_chickennugget

sad_chickennugget

Closer every day
Sep 20, 2023
I tried to ctb on the 12th of this month. I planned it out for over a week and was sure that it would work. I completely failed and nothing even happened. I didn't tell anyone and I am planning to try again but I don't know how to go about it. I really need suggestions.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
Can you please describe the way the attempt failed?

Upvote 0
sad_chickennugget

sad_chickennugget

Closer every day
Sep 20, 2023
Can you please describe the way the attempt failed?
I don't know what I did wrong, but I took 600 MG of buspirone and it didn't even phase me. I looked it up and 60 is the max that anyone can take. This isn't my first time trying to cbt which is why I was sure that it would work, but now I just feel like a failure.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Sep 12, 2023
I don't know what I did wrong, but I took 600 MG of buspirone and it didn't even phase me. I thought it was only supposed to take 60.
Sorry to say, that was an unreliable method. From a website I found with a quick duckduckgo search:

"According to one 1997 review, participants experienced overdose after taking 375 milligrams (mg) of BuSpar.2​ Thus, it's safe to say that the buspirone overdose dosage is often 375 mg or more.

Although rare, a buspirone overdose can be fatal. The risk of intoxication is increased for people who are taking MAOI inhibitors (a type of antidepressants) and people with compromised livers or liver disease."

Upvote 0
sad_chickennugget

sad_chickennugget

Closer every day
Sep 20, 2023
Sorry to say, that was an unreliable method. From a website I found with a quick duckduckgo search:

"According to one 1997 review, participants experienced overdose after taking 375 milligrams (mg) of BuSpar.2​ Thus, it's safe to say that the buspirone overdose dosage is often 375 mg or more.

Although rare, a buspirone overdose can be fatal. The risk of intoxication is increased for people who are taking MAOI inhibitors (a type of antidepressants) and people with compromised livers or liver disease."
Do you know of any other ways that I could try that might be more successful. I really can't do this anymore, and I don't want to be involuntarily hospitalized. I am really bad at lying and I see a new therapist in five days.

• Hugs
Reactions: The Burning Fool
Upvote 0
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Sep 12, 2023
Do you know of any other ways that I could try that might be more successful. I really can't do this anymore, and I don't want to be involuntarily hospitalized. I am really bad at lying and I see a new therapist in five days.
This website is full of different methods. You can view all such posts in the suicide discussion forum page by filtering for the "Method" prefix. Sort by views to see the megathreads first.

• Informative
Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW
Upvote 0
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be awful going through a failed attempt, it's so cruel to me how it's so difficult to cease existing on our own terms, I really wish there's a straightforward way to just permanently escape from this existence. But anyway I wish you the best and I hope that you eventually find the freedom you are searching for.

• Love
Reactions: sad_chickennugget
Upvote 0