• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

deaddovedonoteat

deaddovedonoteat

Nov 4, 2023
Hello. Ive been self harming for years. Terrible scars and a lot of blood. My family found out about it this year and they took all sharp things from me. I used to use razor blades from shaving tools, now I have nothing.

I wanted to know what are other things that I can use to self harm. I like scars and dont care about blood and marks (scars)

I accept other types of self harm, like fire or anything like that.

But im more focused on asking, what other things I can find around the house that are sharp enough for me to self harm since all the "normal sharp things" were taken.

Thanks already <3

• Hugs
Reactions: haibane
DoomValuer

DoomValuer

So lost...
Nov 3, 2023
here are a few things you could theoretically use:
  • the blades from kitchenwear, like a blender or food processor
  • something metallic like the metal you can sometimes find at the end of a string, like in a sweater
  • a broken piece of glass (note that broken glass is very sharp and you'll need to be extremely careful)
  • school supplies like scissors por pencil sharpeners

but if you slightly lower your standards you could use scratching which produces similar effects (i think)

Last edited:
Reactions: SMmetalhead36 and sisiofcats
mutt

mutt

Dec 21, 2023
there is no one answer to your question. there are many different reasons people sh and certain people are more/less comfortable with different methods.

you can sh in a lot more ways than you probably think. there was a high stress situation that i was in at one point in which i unconsciously repeatedly scratched my skin with my fingernail in the same spot over and over again. eventually it got bloody and i stopped. my nail was short and not particularly sharp but it got pretty fkn deep. i have a permanent scar from it.

there are many ways i learned people do when i was in the psych ward: hair pulling, punching or pinching themselves, stabbing with pencils. also, since it was during the pandemic, they were masks laying around. people would take the strings of the masks, hold tightly on each end, and rub back and forth against their skin on the leg with downward force. people did ending up drawing blood from that method.

only thing that comes to mind that could be as sharp as a razor is a shard of glass

i personally dont think it's a good coping mechanism, but i dont judge. i do encourage you to explore other ways to cope.

hope i could help :)

Reactions: sisiofcats
C

cold_severance

Student
Dec 11, 2023
you can scratch yourself until you bleed, so dont even need objects for that. also other methods like punching, hair pulling, biting can be cathartic as well. scratching when you bleed all over is the most visually imposing i guess. idk about other sharp objects though, since i never used those.

S

SMmetalhead36

Ready to have my forever date with suicide
Oct 6, 2023
here are a few things you could theoretically use:
  • the blades from kitchenwear, like a blender or food processor
  • something metallic like the metal you can sometimes find at the end of a string, like in a sweater
  • a broken piece of glass (note that broken glass is very sharp and you'll need to be extremely careful)
  • school supplies like scissors por pencil sharpeners

but if you slightly lower your standards you could use scratching which produces similar effects (i think)
Also paper clips

notherenotnow

notherenotnow

july 3rd
Oct 7, 2023
Empty cans maybe? you could cut them with some scissors or something.
Sratching sometimes worked for me, you have to do for a while to draw blood, but even when it doesnt bleed it still hurts a bit.
Fire, of course.
Keys?
Pens, I guess. One boy from my school nearly killed himself a while ago because he started stabbing his wrist with his pen. far more painfull than cutting, to me at least.

D

delphi4470

-
Dec 20, 2023
Personally I would avoid fire, way more painful than cutting and not satisfying imo
pencil sharpener is ok, Ive never used glass before but i would personally avoid it for risk of getting glass in an open cut
i dont cut nearly as often as i used to but you can get creative with it