• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Internetness virtual life ...

So I was wondering if any of you have a history of message board use that is important to you ?

My fist one was back around 2005 (?) when there was this site called "Slippys" ( gone now :( ) ...
It was for apostate ex-jehovahs witnesses ...
It was the first time I had a tribe of 'my people' , albeit centred around a negative experience .
It was a place to sympathize with each other about our brainwashed mind controlled pasts .

Then years later ( I had a PC free time ) I did exjw on reddit , which was similair but lacked the weirdo
specialness of Slippys .

I have a favourite reddit board now although it's fading in it's utility ( it's becoming a parody of itself as it gets bigger
in numbers ...)

So not much really to nostalgiaze about , but it did warm my heart when I first started reading at Slippys.

SS has become that kind of place for me now ... the central focus ( suicide ) surrounded by human quirkiness
and new and unusual views as well as the empathy of folk probing an area taboo in main stream society .

Got any forum nostalgia ?

• Hugs
Reactions: kkatt, lilyeehaw and Wolfjob_dayjob
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
No, not really. This is the second forum that I've joined and the first that I've felt a part of. I usually lurk on forums that I'm interested in to glean info.

Reactions: lilyeehaw and Temporarilyabsurd
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
No, not really. This is the second forum that I've joined and the first that I've felt a part of. I usually lurk on forums that I'm interested in to glean info.

Thats cool.

I was going to point out lurking was all part of the nostalgia buzz.

I know lots of people that lurk / post here have nervous dipositions ...
( anxiety ... ) I have it too ... and posting a message on a board is a stressful thing to do.

I remember it being that way anyway .

Posting here was a bit weird when I first started .

Reactions: lilyeehaw and RM5998
omoidarui

omoidarui

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ
Apr 30, 2019
this is the second pro-choice forum i joined (but i used to lurk the Reddit)

the first one was in 2009 or so with a forum URL like teendepression.yuku or something, it's gone now

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Temporarilyabsurd
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
There's so many I used as a teen that I don't even remember the names of.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
TAPIR, anxiety forum from the 2000s.
Miss it.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
ASH was such a big part of my life. It's hard to imagine this site being unmoderated.
Certain characters became legends. There was always some kind of drama.
Then inevitably, it was lost to relentless trolling and I guess once the secret was out, it was no longer any fun.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Temporarilyabsurd