L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Hi,

One of the worst things that mental problems cause is losing confidence in doing anything including simple things.

By simple things I mean things that others consider easy and normal to do which is unfortunately very hard to do.

For example, because of my depression and how I have anhedonia sometimes, I lost confidence in my ability to do or perform things and enjoy them. I could enjoy things but I don't have confidence, I feel like I'm faulty and my body and brain will fail me and ruin whatever thing I do.

For other people, it's usually a simple thing like "it's just go and watch or play something and that's it" but to me I don't have confidence to do even that, my mental problems traumatized me and everytime I have to overcome the barrier and the struggle. What seems normal and easy for others is very difficult for me.

I really cherish the moments of enjoyment and the moments when I have accomplished or did anything I wanted to do, the moments comes after long struggles, pain and suffering. Unfortunately everyone thinks it's normal while I have my endless battles and struggles.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles, facel, DarkDg21 and 6 others
I

inabsentia

Apr 20, 2021
I think I can understand - even trying to engage in simple distractions sometimes can feel like failing because they don't work how they're supposed to and I can't even do something as simple as enjoying the stuff I used to get so immersed in.

It's rough huh…

• Hugs
Reactions: Life sucks, Circles, patheticpartner and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I understand, I struggle with things that others can easily do. I think in my case I am mentally weak and I am not meant for this world. I just want to be at peace. I'm sorry you are going through this, it really is horrible being alive. I wish I was never born in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and Life sucks