G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
Why is mental illness so painful it makes us want to kill ourselves. Why does god allow it. We try and lead a kind life and end up with mental torment. Its anguish and I want to die but am scared of fucking it up.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: ActualLesbian and No_more
SpottedPanda

SpottedPanda

I'm all about coffee and cigarettes
Jul 24, 2019
I don't believe in God. The whole 'why does God allow X' would torment me forever if I did. Mental illness is a torment, though, and I can imagine many people would trade it for physical illness when it becomes unbearable

Reactions: Lastsauce, autumnal, GreenTree and 1 other person
G

GreenTree

Mage
Jun 1, 2020
I'm not particularly religious but have tried to follow the ethics of christianity like love they neighbour etc. Now I wish I didn't bother as I've ended up in mental anguish. Should have been a little bastard all my life then I probably wouldn't be mentally ill. I guess the answer is life ain't fair. Which pisses me off.

H

Hammer

just about gone.
Jun 15, 2020
I don't believe in God. The whole 'why does God allow X' would torment me forever if I did. Mental illness is a torment, though, and I can imagine many people would trade it for physical illness when it becomes unbearable

This might sound quite bad, but as someone with severe panic disorder and an extreme Emetophobia that's making my life unbearable and no therapy/medication has been able to help. I honestly would rather have a physical ailment instead of this. Anything as long as I could feel safe inside my own body for once.

Mental illness' really are a silent force of destruction.

It could be a case of the grass is greener on the other side, but I suspect I'd be happier in a wheelchair with no mental issues instead of living almost every hour of every day crying because I'm terrified of my own body.

Reactions: GreenTree