L

lonleycrowdedwest

im so dumb i misspelled lonely
Aug 16, 2021
i fucked up. I am mentally ill, been to psychiatrists but they are hesitant to diagnose me with anything besides unknown mood disorder(mother father and sister have bipolar). I had been accusing my friend of 5 years of lying to me and treating me like shit for a month straight. He is my best friend, the feeling probably isn't mutual anymore but throughout the last 5 years we have been very very close. I fucked up by trying to prove to him that he was lying to me, now his girlfriend who is also my roommate is afraid of me to the point she installed a locking doorknob on their door. I feel terrible. I never saw myself as a threat to anyone and obviously I would never hurt either of them, but now I am being seen as a threat and it hurts way more than i thought. It's my fault, I know throughout that I was losing it, the only reason i kept going was to preserve my ego. I've had the SN for 3 months now, debated it but never broke the oxygen seal of the bottle. I guess now tonights the night. I've written my notes to everyone, I'm just waiting until I can leave to a park without my roomate involving themselves. They don't deserve the trauma.

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Tomoko, rec, amygdala and 7 others
WOODESITY

WOODESITY

Experienced
Mar 15, 2019
Lame fuckin reasons to kill yourself
Really? And you know better what other person's tolerance to life is? You don't know that threshold of others, you don't know that certainly

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: lost_ally, Kobusu, rec and 8 others
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Have you tried apologizing to your friend and telling them you feel this way?

• Hugs
Reactions: nopointofliving and _Seeking
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
Lame fuckin reasons to kill yourself
How is it a lame reason? They're dealing with mental illness and losing someone very important....

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, liberty_222 and nopointofliving
meetapple

meetapple

Mage
Jun 3, 2021
I wish you peace if you decide to do this (although you don't have to).

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, liberty_222 and nopointofliving
Rayzieka

Rayzieka

Not Really Here
Apr 28, 2021
"i fucked up. I am mentally ill"
LAME reasons to kill yourself.
Please be more understanding. What you're saying is hurtful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Hotsackage, sadeyesWA, liberty_222 and 2 others
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
Have you tried apologizing to your friend and telling them you feel this way?
See i kinda understand their pov. I have fucked up in similar ways due to my mental illness throughout my life and after a point, people want to leave. They no longer want to deal with you even after you apologise because our behaviour doesn't change. Not that we don't want to change, we can't change.

Reactions: Hotsackage and 9BBN
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@lonleycrowdedwest you say it bothered you that your roommate put a locking doorknob on the door, and you wouldn't hurt them. At the same time, you diagnosed yourself with mental illness.

Think about it like this, if your sister felt scared of the person she lived with, wouldn't you encourage her to get a lock for the door. I would actually advise my sister to leave asap.

What I'm saying is, don't feel hurt by her actions. You scared her, and maybe you don't think you're a threat, but she does. Also, if you are mentally unstable, how can you be certain you wouldn't hurt someone?

Edit: please don't take this as an attack on you, I'm just trying to explain why someone would act they way your roommate did, given the situation as you described.

Edit 2: have you considered seeking treatment. You may have a legitimate chemical imbalance that may be solved by medicine. Doesn't hurt to try, the SN will always be there. Hope you can work through this.

Last edited:
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Living is very painful. I understand it is hard to carry on when you are suffering so much. It sounds like you have been through a lot. I wish you the best, whatever happens. I hope you find peace if you decide to leave.

L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
@lonleycrowdedwest you say it bothered you that your roommate put a locking doorknob on the door, and you wouldn't hurt them. At the same time, you diagnosed yourself with mental illness.

Think about it like this, if your sister felt scared of the person she lived with, wouldn't you encourage her to get a lock for the door. I would actually advise my sister to leave asap.

What I'm saying is, don't feel hurt by her actions. You scared her, and maybe you don't think you're a threat, but she does. Also, if you are mentally unstable, how can you be certain you wouldn't hurt someone?

Edit: please don't take this as an attack on you, I'm just trying to explain why someone would act they way your roommate did, given the situation as you described.

Edit 2: have you considered seeking treatment. You may have a legitimate chemical imbalance that may be solved by medicine. Doesn't hurt to try, the SN will always be there. Hope you can work through this.
i have been on antipsychotics for a number of years, therapy too. It never helps when it comes down to it. I definitely agree that her actions are rational, but this is the final straw for me. Ive been considering suicide for a long time, and am realizing more and more that if its already been years of therapy and meds the eventual possibility that I wont live in suffering isnt worth the time I will have to suffer here.

Last edited:
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
i have been on antipsychotics for a number of years, therapy too. It never helps when it comes down to it. I definitely agree that her actions are rational, but this is the final straw for me. Ive been considering suicide for a long time, and am realizing more and more that if its already been years of therapy and meds the eventual possibility that I wont live in suffering isnt worth the time I will have to suffer here.
You owe it to yourself to get a second opinion. There are so many drugs that have the potential to help - the problem is therapists tend to find one they like and stick with it, regardless of it's efficacy for individual patients. Mental health isn't as simple as hypertension - it may take trial and error to find what works. Maybe even something like marijuana could help.

Reactions: maakies
L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
You owe it to yourself to get a second opinion. There are so many drugs that have the potential to help - the problem is therapists tend to find one they like and stick with it, regardless of it's efficacy for individual patients. Mental health isn't as simple as hypertension - it may take trial and error to find what works. Maybe even something like marijuana could help.
Thank you for the support. I have tried a number of medications, and while for the most part they keep my mood stable they never help when it gets too bad. Of course I am going to be very very sure to let my friend and his girlfriend know its not their fault. The biggest reason I don't want to do it now is because they may blame themselves, and it is in no way their fault. Theres nothing they could have done to stop this, ive known for a while now this is how im gonna go out.

L

lonleycrowdedwest

Aug 16, 2021
See i kinda understand their pov. I have fucked up in similar ways due to my mental illness throughout my life and after a point, people want to leave. They no longer want to deal with you even after you apologise because our behaviour doesn't change. Not that we don't want to change, we can't change.
I fully understand their decision, but I know after this episode ends another one will come sooner or later. I will continue hurting my relationships with my fucking neuroticism.

• Love
Reactions: liberty_222
liberty_222

liberty_222

psychotic
Nov 28, 2021
I fully understand their decision, but I know after this episode ends another one will come sooner or later. I will continue hurting my relationships with my fucking neuroticism.
I know. Same has happened with me. But I'm ending it today❤️