CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
One of the worst experiences of my life. They kept me way longer than they needed to, causing me to fall so behind in school that I couldn't catch up. I'm now on academic probation and have a very real chance of failing out, ruining any chance at the career I'm aiming for. I had begged them to let me out so I could go back to school but they refused. If I fail out I am definitely killing myself. Probably will even if I don't fail out, but this definitely gave me a significant motivation boost. They really failed their job of making me less suicidal.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nitrogennitrite, sourpink, L951788 and 3 others
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
I'm really sorry they've caused you to fall behind academically and jeopard your chances of reaching your career goals. Doctors are in a position of immense privilege and often this causes them to trivialise the experiences of their patients: they're often born into rich and secure families, have heard nothing but praise their whole lives, and all know they've got a high-paying and secure job for life.

Don't give up yet though! There's surely still some hope you might catch up academically? It isn't worth even contemplating giving up unless you know for sure that all hope is lost.

Reactions: sourpink
CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I'm really sorry they've caused you to fall behind academically and jeopard your chances of reaching your career goals. Doctors are in a position of immense privilege and often this causes them to trivialise the experiences of their patients: they're often born into rich and secure families, have heard nothing but praise their whole lives, and all know they've got a high-paying and secure job for life.

Don't give up yet though! There's surely still some hope you might catch up academically? It isn't worth even contemplating giving up unless you know for sure that all hope is lost.
Yeah I plan to ctb in may after this next semester finishes (that way if I fail this won't happen again bc school will be on break), I only have this semester to get my gpa up or they flunk me out. So I am giving it a chance.

• Hugs
Reactions: sourpink and daveyc
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
Unfortunately I'm not surprised in the slightest.

Reactions: sourpink
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
Yeah I plan to ctb in may after this next semester finishes (that way if I fail this won't happen again bc school will be on break), I only have this semester to get my gpa up or they flunk me out. So I am giving it a chance.
I really hope it doesn't come to that. :( Wishing you the very best of luck. There is always more to life than academia!

CatabolicSeed

CatabolicSeed

they/them
Feb 19, 2020
I really hope it doesn't come to that. :( Wishing you the very best of luck. There is always more to life than academia!
Thanks! And yeah I know, but the rest isn't doing so hot either. I will probably still ctb even if I don't flunk out.

L951788

L951788

Student
Dec 28, 2020
Lol society is bullshit. This is like me junior year of high school. Getting honor roll grades. Start getting really bad physical health problems. Causes me distress at school. Parents don't believe me. I start not wanting to go. They lie to me and get me to a "school refusal program". They told me it would be a place to help me with my health and stay caught up on school lol. I was stuck at that place for over 40 days. The only way to hasten my release was to agree with the staff on everything. Which was complete bullshit. Was also told my school work would be waived. It wasn't. So I get out and I'm way too far behind on everything plus I still have my debilitating health problem. That's how I ended up being pulled out of school fully at age 17.

And that's why I don't even care that I'm 25 and still live with my dad. I tried. Did well in school and sports. Then I run into an innocent problem and I get gaslighted. Fuck society. Fuck America especially. I hope this country gets nuked by China. I would defect to another country in an instant. Fuck psychiatry. And fuck my parents.

Reactions: why_be
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
That really sucks, they were keeping you against your will..how is that different from a prison:( so sorry for this happened to you, the world is such a dark place

FarAcrossTheWater

FarAcrossTheWater

Experienced
Sep 4, 2020
We don't do mental hospitalizations well. You're locked into a prison with people who are absolutely insane. I was hospitalized for being a threat to myself. I was kept with a roommate who threw feces at the wall and kept on saying he had to tell Obama to recover an artifact from Africa in order to save the world. There was an inmate who followed me around threatening to kill me. There was an inmate who stole other's clothes and ran around in them. The sane inmates prayed together to get the fuck out. My psychiatrist thinks the experience gave me PTSD. I still wake up screaming think I'm still there. I feel permanently scarred having been in such a significant low, The only way to end this is CTB.

• Wow
Reactions: NegativeSymptoms