S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Is this worse than physical abuse? It can be worse than even some bad cases of physical abuse, because there are no bruises or marks that anyone can see, and because abusers often act nice on cue in front of other people, and they often believe they are not being abusive. When it is very severe you feel like you were beaten to a pulp everywhere, and if it happens often enoujgh you never feel healthy and you don't even know what feeling healthy feels lilke- for a child this is the worst, because they don't have a way to understand what is happening or how to ask for help. Then you are very vulnerable to bullies because you don't learn communication skills or social skills or social understanding at home.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Disappointered, Obliviate, š–£“ nadia š–£“ and 2 others
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
Although I don't self-harm, I imagine that some people do it because for them physical pain is a preferable distraction to emotional and mental anguish. Or, maybe they do it to inflict something visible, because they despair over their invisible pain. On the other hand, I can imagine some physical pains having no mental parallel.

So I don't think one is necessarily worse than the other, and I don't think it's useful to compare them against each other. But I think what you wanted to hear is that your pain is as strong as it feels, which it probably is, so I'm sorry.

Reactions: Disappointered, š–£“ nadia š–£“, waitingforrest and 1 other person
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
So I don't think one is necessarily worse than the other, and I don't think it's useful to compare them against each other.
To me it's useful to compare them because it starts the conversation going for how to recognize mental abuse and how to help people in this situation. Time and time again I hear stories of children rescued from physical abuse because someone noticed bruises or other marks on them, or because the parents had to take them to the hospital for a broken bone or other physical injury. But it can start the conversation going for how to help children especially who are suffering from mental abuse that is just as severe as physical abuse.

• Hugs
Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“, waitingforrest and 9BBN
9BBN

9BBN

Heaven, send Hell away
Mar 29, 2021
That's fair, thanks for elaborating.

• Hugs
Reactions: waitingforrest
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you šŸ•Æļø Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
Is this worse than physical abuse?
Techinally no. While I personally feel that mental abuse is worse than physical because for the most part bruises ect heal, expecially on their own with less work while mental is there FOR YEARS and to fix it is a war on its own.

Technically physical wouldn't be that far off either because with the physical abuse mental abuse is going to be there as well. Making them about even.

hamvil

hamvil

Wizard
Aug 29, 2022
I was beaten continually by my mother when I was a kid until she killed herself when i was 14. I was slapped for the silliest thing, like not smiling enough at my birthday or not improving fast enough from a fever. She also told me all the time how I was a mistake and she wished I was not born. She kept comparing me to other kids and it looked like all the other mothers were luckier than her regarding their children.

The pain of her hand is long long gone, but I still remember the words and the hate. i never felt loved in my house, never received an hug or a kiss. The first person to caress my face was probably my little girlfriend when I started high school.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123, š–£“ nadia š–£“ and Dead Ghost
Sick&TiredURGH

Sick&TiredURGH

Aug 8, 2022
Emotional pain travels exactly the same pathways as physical pain. Just doesn't leave physical evidence and can therefore be far more soul destroying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Someone123, Dead Ghost and foreverfalling
D

Deboneire1

Lost all, lost everything
Sep 15, 2022
Just ignore. Im trying to get some comments up so I can send and receive PMs.

S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Just ignore. Im trying to get some comments up so I can send and receive PMs.
the way to do this is to go into the games section in the offtopic area- inj the numbers game or word game you can add a word or a number and get your post count up this way, rather than tyo post on threads like this. :)