DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Alright... this is definitely going to be far-fetched... but bear with me.
I decided to begin meditating nightly once more to find a way to escape this reality, and I haven't gone as deep as I once have before. However, I am noticing the usual thing I experience, which is the tinging in my ears. It doesn't bother me like it would for other people, granted that the sound I hear when its silent is rather soothing. When I focus on it, it sounds sorta like an endless melody that doesn't repeat, even words.

Reactions: Euthanza and blahblahhh
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
Same happens for me at various levels of intensity.

Reactions: _Minsk and DetachedDreamer97
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
As someone with twenty years of tinnitus under my belt, I would caution you not to train your mind to focus on it. From all my research on tinnitus, it's those who can ignore it best that seem to have the best outcomes.

Better to train your mind to tune it out during your meditation sessions, if at all possible. The risk with tinnitus is that there is some likelihood it will get worse. What doesn't drive you up the wall today, just might drive you up the wall tomorrow.

Reactions: Euthanza, Fragile, Buffy5120 and 1 other person
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
As someone with twenty years of tinnitus under my belt, I would caution you not to train your mind to focus on it. From all my research on tinnitus, it's those who can ignore it best that seem to have the best outcomes.

Better to train your mind to tune it out during your meditation sessions, if at all possible. The risk with tinnitus is that there is some likelihood it will get worse. What doesn't drive you up the wall today, just might drive you up the wall tomorrow.
I'll say it's not actual tinnitus, it's definitely something different, albeit similar in the fact that it rings, but it's at multiple tones. This session, I managed to get it strong enough to feel something with it, where I feel my body vibrating to the tone. Which started out as guitars but became ethereal in tune.

• Hmph!
  • Hugs
Reactions: blahblahhh, Jumper Geo and Chupacabra 44
B

blahblahhh

Jan 15, 2021
Does this "sensation" move to your forehead as well?

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DocNo

DocNo

whatever
Oct 30, 2020
when i have heavy migraine headaches i shut down myself sometimes - sitting in silence and getting in some kind of meditative state. i then also hear a silent high pitch sound. it is more intense when the pain is on the right side. for some time i even could somehow change the pitch of the sound and it reduced my pain level.

at therapy we talked once about this and my therapist told me an interesting thing. that if you are in near complete silence this high pitch noise is somehow the electric tension of your nerves/brain.
another thing i did read that in silence the ear amplifies sound like the eyes adapts to darkness which might lead to some acoustic sensation.

what i have sometimes when i sit and my neck position is bad that some intense high pitch noise appears but quickly disappears when i correct my posture. also after my partial hanging tests i had for some time a bit of a more loud high pitch noise.

i also noticed that in dreams or in half sleep i sometimes seem to have acoustic hallucinations.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Does this "sensation" move to your forehead as well?
Yep!
when i have heavy migraine headaches i shut down myself sometimes - sitting in silence and getting in some kind of meditative state. i then also hear a silent high pitch sound. it is more intense when the pain is on the right side. for some time i even could somehow change the pitch of the sound and it reduced my pain level.
Hum... It actually did the same thing the few times I did it when I had headaches.
At therapy we talked once about this and my therapist told me an interesting thing. that if you are in near complete silence this high pitch noise is somehow the electric tension of your nerves/brain.
another thing i did read that in silence the ear amplifies sound like the eyes adapts to darkness which might lead to some acoustic sensation.
I'm gonna look this up. She might be onto something...
I will say about amplifying sound is also accurate. Since when I'm deep enough, I would become fully aware of my surroundings, which is a weird feeling. Like I'm everywhere, but I'm still on my bed.
what i have sometimes when i sit and my neck position is bad that some intense high pitch noise appears but quickly disappears when i correct my posture. also after my partial hanging tests i had for some time a bit of a more loud high pitch noise.

i also noticed that in dreams or in half sleep i sometimes seem to have acoustic hallucinations.
I did notice that too, I ended up seeing waves recently as I was going to sleep, and the first time , which is years ago, I remember going through a weird hypnagogic tunnel. And sounds were sorta distorted... and amplified. I'll say it's becoming hyperaware.

Last edited:
sadgirl9999

sadgirl9999

ready to go ♡
Jan 27, 2019
I HAVE THISSS, i describe it as tones!! that almost engulf me and i can physically feel them. i actually stopped meditating bc of that and dissociation. i have mild tinnitus in general (well it's been flaring fml but) this is different, it's like...yeah you get it! i'm so glad i saw this post because i think we're experiencing the same thing. i googled it and found some people saying "it was the sound of the universe" :o

• Love
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I HAVE THISSS, i describe it as tones!! that almost engulf me and i can physically feel them. i actually stopped meditating bc of that and dissociation. i have mild tinnitus in general (well it's been flaring fml but) this is different, it's like...yeah you get it! i'm so glad i saw this post because i think we're experiencing the same thing. i googled it and found some people saying "it was the sound of the universe" :o
AT LAST!!! I honestly think it might be what I'm thinking too,with the sound of the universe. At the same time, I'd imagine that sound as a gateway to complete detachment from reality and into the next. Like how it would be for prisoners in isolation... where they'd start hallucinating flying kites.