LittleBlackCat

LittleBlackCat

Experienced
Feb 6, 2020
What medication has worked for you? Specifically to stop/reduce thoughts of suicide? I don't mind contemplating CTB, but it really bothers me when I dream about it, or when I think about it on waking .. I don't like not being in control of the thoughts.

In the past I've tried citalopram, sertraline and fluoxetine (UK names) and have had really awful side effects from all of them.. I was hallucinating on the lowest dose of citalopram and Sertraline made me sleep literally all day.. my doctor doesn't believe I had these side effects 🙄
I think the next step would be venfalaxine but I've been advised against it due to its sedating properties.

I've mostly given up on medication but thinking about giving it one last try.

Any positive stories? Thanks

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
todeswunsch

todeswunsch

On overtime in life
Oct 19, 2023
I'm on a similar boat as you. I didn't have those side effects but the meds also didn't help with the suicidal thoughts. They used to in the past.
I've taken escitalopram, quetiapine, risperidone, clonazepan. I'm now taking desvenlafaxine, vyvanse, lurasidone, pregabalyn, and lithium. Some help with anxiety and a little bit with humor, but the suicidal thoughts a still really present.
My psych said that Lithium was especially good for that objective and I'm still ajusting its dosage. Lets see how this goes.
Apart from Lithium, he mentioned that ketamine is also effective for suicidal thoughts. Worth checking it.
Outside the scope of medication, eletroconvulsion therapy may help too. I'm afraid of that tbh
Good Luck. I wish you the best!

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and LittleBlackCat