faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I think many of us have experienced weird or even catastrophic side effects of medication.
Suppose it would be necessary to talk about that so that others would be more careful.
If you know, which medication exactly made you feel awful, please, share with us.
I will start from Aripiprasole.
It caused me severe akathisia and dystonia. And I got procyclidine in emergency department only on day 3.
Let me explain what is that.
Akathisia makes you move constantly, you cannot even sit more than 10 seconds in a row, you have to move. And I could feel then like my chest is burning, it is like a constant panic attack which deprives you of sleeping (since you cannot be in one position), eating and although you are extremely tired because of insomnia, you have to move.
Dystonia makes your muscles contract uncontrollably. So basically you are often shaking.
Altogether it felt like it is a pure hell. Might be the worst days of my life.
Second will be Sertraline.
Normally it was causing anorgasmia and there was no desire to have sex at all.
But the last two weeks of taking Sertraline was a major depression, I could not even go to the toilet, was basically staying in bed.
After that I stopped Sertraline.
What is your story?
Will be waiting for your reply :heart:

brokerofsecrets

brokerofsecrets

my best wasn’t good enough
Feb 3, 2020
Fluoxetine made me feel a lot worse in my teens when I got prescribed that, and then after a while of demanding a change in medication I was given sertraline which in my experience just really hollowed me out and made me feel lifeless. Quetiapine really messes with your weight, making you hate yourself even more and just makes you feel shitty and drowsy a lot of the time.

edit: I will note that sertraline didn't do anything to my sex drive or my ability to orgasm which at the time I heard a lot of people generally suffered with that side effect.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Fluoxetine made me feel a lot worse in my teens when I got prescribed that, and then after a while of demanding a change in medication I was given sertraline which in my experience just really hollowed me out and made me feel lifeless. Quetiapine really messes with your weight, making you hate yourself even more and just makes you feel shitty and drowsy a lot of the time.

edit: I will note that sertraline didn't do anything to my sex drive or my ability to orgasm which at the time I heard a lot of people generally suffered with that side effect.
Yes, sertraline made my anhedonia worse. It is like there is nothing than can make you feel pleasure

Reactions: EmptyManForever
brokerofsecrets

brokerofsecrets

Feb 3, 2020
Yes, sertraline made my anhedonia worse. It is like there is nothing than can make you feel pleasure
Oh trust me, it really knocked me off my feet when I started taking sertraline, my daily activities went from playing guitar, video games, cleaning, going out and shopping, spend time with my then-girlfriend at the time, all this fun stuff I could do at that particular time in my life and it turned into basically staring at the wall and laying in bed all day, or just blank-faced doing my labour at work when I had that job. I'm glad I had someone around then to tell me that particular medication was no good for me.

Reactions: EmptyManForever and faust
faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
Oh trust me, it really knocked me off my feet when I started taking sertraline, my daily activities went from playing guitar, video games, cleaning, going out and shopping, spend time with my then-girlfriend at the time, all this fun stuff I could do at that particular time in my life and it turned into basically staring at the wall and laying in bed all day, or just blank-faced doing my labour at work when I had that job. I'm glad I had someone around then to tell me that particular medication was no good for me.
Sorry, if you don't mind telling me, how long did you take Sertraline and when did the side effects appear?
I know what you are talking about, Sertraline was often making me tired of everything.
And thank you for sharing!

Reactions: brokerofsecrets
brokerofsecrets

brokerofsecrets

Feb 3, 2020
Sorry, if you don't mind telling me, how long did you take Sertraline and when did the side effects appear?
I know what you are talking about, Sertraline was often making me tired of everything.
And thank you for sharing!
I took sertraline for a couple of months and it was fairly late into taking them I got any effect out of them, and then I slowly just started to lose interest in everything until I just sat in bed all day, not showering or eating and all that necessary stuff.

faust

faust

lost among the stars
Jan 26, 2020
I took sertraline for a couple of months and it was fairly late into taking them I got any effect out of them, and then I slowly just started to lose interest in everything until I just sat in bed all day, not showering or eating and all that necessary stuff.
So true... It was hard for me not even to shower, but to leave my bed and take a piss.

A

alice-in-wonderland

Nov 20, 2020
I feel like (daily 100mg) Sertraline did nothing to me apart from killing any sexual desire. It is worth mentioning I had anhedonia already prior to taking Sertraline