LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
So I try to stay in the house, but sometimes I have to go out.
The pharmacy was busy yesterday, and the queue to drop off prescriptions was shambolic.
I accidentally stepped in front of someone who had been there longer. Instead of quietly explaining the situation, he loudly asked,
"Are you Retarded?"
Here's the sad thing:
People have asked/screamed this very question at me for so long that I have a prepared response.
I summon up my courage.
I prepare an icy tone.
I reply.
"I see no evidence to the contrary."
Thankfully, this leads to silence. Mostly.
I'm exhausted from decades of this.
I've fallen through the societal cracks in many ways.
Once a person has fallen through the cracks, society examines the person.
The cracks are growing.
The examination of the "fallen people" deepens.
Why is everyone ignoring the cracks?

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: _Minsk, a_strange_day, TheDevilsAngel and 5 others
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
I am fortunate, I am a mouthy little shit, so most of my responses start with fuck and end with off. Most people, when met with aggression back off rapidly. I am old enough to be well past caring now what anyone might think of me.

Reactions: justanotherday, CarefulWithThatAxe, TheDevilsAngel and 7 others
R

Roberto

Wizard
Jan 19, 2019
I feel retarded. I have difficulties to understand and as slow as a turtle.

• Hugs
Reactions: a_strange_day, TheDevilsAngel, Fragile and 2 others
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
Don't feel bad. I've even had a few family members ask me if I was retarded in all seriousness because they're all do-it-yourselfers with cars and carpentry and I don't have a clue as to how to do any of that. Or I'm "a slow learner." Hell, what's the difference? As time goes by I've realized nobody cares what's going on inside, only what they see on the outside, and that's not my fault, it's their stupidity. You can't go up to everybody and shake the shit out of them and tell them most people with depression or other mental illnesses can't exactly concentrate like a "normal" person can. It's complete ignorance, it's not your fault, and I'd tell them all to fuck off like @SinisterKid said.

• Hugs
Reactions: justanotherday, TheDevilsAngel and LegaliseIt!
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I am fortunate, I am a mouthy little shit, so most of my responses start with fuck and end with off. Most people, when met with aggression back off rapidly. I am old enough to be well past caring now what anyone might think of me.
I have white hair and it's the other oldies that throw this comment at me. Young people see the white hair and are extremely respectful.
( I coloured my hair, but it went white at age 26)
The best part of the "I see no evidence to the contrary" retort is that these mean people can't even interpret it! I am agreeing with them, but they are so "special" that it takes a few minutes for them clue in! For me, it is more fun than a "f—k y—!"
Why are other old people the meanest?
Also, I am exhausted because I seem to be a magnet for mean people.
It's all so exhausting.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, BlueWidow, MeltingHeart and 1 other person
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I was often insulted over my intelligence growing up. It was so painful and I internalized it. Now I know that it had nothing to do with low iq, it was above average. But I did have some developmental problems that were never diagnosed and it's like an invisible disability.

• Hugs
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, BlueWidow and LegaliseIt!
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
I have white hair and it's the other oldies that throw this comment at me. Young people see the white hair and are extremely respectful.
( I coloured my hair, but it went white at age 26)
The best part of the "I see no evidence to the contrary" retort is that these mean people can't even interpret it! I am agreeing with them, but they are so "special" that it takes a few minutes for them clue in! For me, it is more fun than a "f—k y—!"
Why are other old people the meanest?
Also, I am exhausted because I seem to be a magnet for mean people.
It's all so exhausting.
"I see no evidence to the contrary." I LOVE your response , too many big words for them !!!
As for people being mean , is it natural or is something going on with their lives . I see this more and more and they try to take it out on others and it's usually towards someone who wouldn't say boo to a mouse .
I was often insulted over my intelligence growing up. It was so painful and I internalized it. Now I know that it had nothing to do with low iq, it was above average. But I did have some developmental problems that were never diagnosed and it's like an invisible disability.

Some people have lateral thought as opposed to medial thought process , sadly a lot of teachers are unaware of this and often pupils are left behind struggling to cope . If you have this and had one on one teaching for 30min or so , you would be at the top or near the top of your class . Life is a bitch , it's unjust and unfair .

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, MeltingHeart, LegaliseIt! and 1 other person
LegaliseIt!

LegaliseIt!

Elementalist
Nov 29, 2019
I look like I wouldn't say boo to a mouse, but I faced down a cobra (ready to strike) at age 10. I wish I was still that brave little girl now.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel, MeltingHeart and Skyview
MeltingHeart

MeltingHeart

Visionary
Sep 9, 2019
Great answer, showing ur wit and erudition in how to deal with idiots. Strikes me they are the retarded ones for 1. Using that word in the first place 2. Lacking any human decency & patience 3. For making such snap judgements on someone whose life they no nothing about.

• Love
Reactions: justanotherday, TheDevilsAngel, LegaliseIt! and 1 other person
Skyview

Skyview

Going Blue
Dec 9, 2019
I look like I wouldn't say boo to a mouse, but I faced down a cobra (ready to strike) at age 10. I wish I was still that brave little girl now.
The quiet ones are the ones you have to look out for ...meaning you , deep down your still brave and when push comes to shove people better watch out.
The cobra stood down , he knew not to tangle with you ! Don't ever change , your personality is cool .

Reactions: justanotherday, LegaliseIt! and MeltingHeart

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I'm annoyed, I'm embarrassed, I'm frustrated. That's what the 'you're flawed' statement was meant in this scenario, we have to watch out for those maybe, discern between opinions and facts. "I refuse to openly acknowledge my frustration. I'm perfect. Instead, I am portraying the inconsistency between your behavior and my self-serving expectations as your flaw." I try to imagine a computer producing a certain output when given a certain input. Helps a little, but your line...
I see no evidence to the contrary."
I'll borrow it. Thanks ;)

Reactions: LegaliseIt!
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Being aggressive back is difficult. It's kind of like popping a particularly thick zit in that it's difficult, but once the zit is popped, there's no way to put it back.
After years of similar bullshit I went nuts on a guy. Ever since, I can't not go nuts at the drop of a hat.
After losing your shit at somebody like that, though, I can guarantee that they will not fuck with you again.

A

a_strange_day

Arcanist
Jul 16, 2019
I'm somewhat lucky because with the zombie look I have know and my killer eyes no one even dare to say anything. Anyway I'm not much of a talker so I think that's for the best

Last edited: