so tired or manic

so tired or manic

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2020
i've been thinking about narcissism. i realize i have trouble seeing the world outside of mine and get uncomfortable with something i can't understand.

my mom and her mom are both narcissists. maybe it's in the blood.

i want to help people, i really do. i see someone struggling i do everything i possibly can to make sure they get through okay. i worry i hurt more than help.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brink, nerve, Brick In The Wall and 2 others
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
i've been thinking about narcissism. i realize i have trouble seeing the world outside of mine and get uncomfortable with something i can't understand.

my mom and her mom are both narcissists. maybe it's in the blood.

i want to help people, i really do. i see someone struggling i do everything i possibly can to make sure they get through okay. i worry i hurt more than help.
It's human nature to be somewhat narcissistic. Altruism is very rare these days and I'd say it's a learned virtue.

The fact that you recognize your own narcissism is the first step in fixing it. Judging by the last paragraph you wrote I'd say that you're not a horrible person.

Sometimes we mean well and try to help others but it doesn't always workout the way we intended. Keep your head up and don't be so hard on yourself :hug:

MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
I doubt you're a narcissist. I think most narcissists either don't even realise that they are, or don't see it as a problem because they believe they really are as special and important as they act. The fact that you are both aware that you might be selfish sometimes (which everyone is to an extent) and also see that as something you could be improve, suggests that you are actually a very empathetic person. :)

Reactions: Brink