ecmnesia

ecmnesia

the only thing humans are equal in is death
Aug 30, 2020
First, I'd like to apologize for any grammatical errors... since this is a pretty deep topic (I believe) and English is not my first language, I might have some trouble to describe exactly what I intend to say.

This is no new thought in my head, though I was never able to find a conclusion to my question as I am always left in between the options. Whenever you read a dystopian book, the protagonists are the defiant one, the ones who don't fit in their society, who's aware though labeled as sick. I've always wondered if that could not be the case with mental illness. Maybe we are not the crazy, sick ones. Maybe we are not wrong on how we see the world, maybe they are the ones lost in ignorance. Everyone tells us all the time that we just don't try enough, that we are pessimists, that we are bitter, that we are revolted, that we are just frustrated cause life did not go our way. You get into the doctor's office, and he barely asks you questions, still within 10 minutes you have a diagnosis and prescriptions, they feed us with pills, tons of them, telling us that we should try more, that we need to look life through better lenses. You go to therapy and it's all the same bullshit, cliches quotes and false hope.

Why do I need to adapt into this corrupt, fucked up society? Why should I be contempt with this harmful environment you locked us in? Why should I feel happy and bless us the world around is crumbling? No matter how much I try it, I cannot see the world through another perspective anymore, I can't get back to where I use to be, I cannot see the world as the bright place full of opportunities I was told about. When you take a look around there is no such a thing.

Life itself is devoid of any meaning or purpose, which means we are the ones supposed to decide whatever we will make out of it. If that's so, why should I try to thrive for something society made up out of the blue? Why should I seek to accomplish things that are totally arbitrary and lack substance? Why should I fit in? Why is it so important that I feel happy, contempt? Is it really unnatural to see the world on it's cruel? Or is it just convenient for society that we adapt?

Maybe we are not sick. Maybe we just see what others don't. But then again, it might just be that I am overestimating my perspective.

I don't even know what the point of this post is about, I know I said a lot about a lot of stuff, and basically did not dive into any of them, it's just that I'm tired of just doubting myself and want some insights on the matter, any of them. I can't really talk about this outside of SS, cause they all just tell me the same old cliches. If you will, please recommend me threads, books, movies, articles about those topics, I would really appreciate it.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Nymph, yive, Echoko and 5 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i was actually thinking about the movie divergent this morning. everyone has their place in society, except divergent. they are different and they have to hide it because they will be shunned or something (something bad happens i dont remember i havent watched it in a while. all i remember is they arent even allowed to tell their family) and it seemed like a pretty accurate description of mental illness. different type of thinking and you cant tell people or else something bad will happen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211