vanilladust

vanilladust

Nov 22, 2023
Last night I reached out to an artist with millions of listeners on spotify for his instrumentals. I wanted to add lyrics to it and so I emailed him but didn't expect a reply back. This morning he has allowed me to use his music as a backtrack. Maybe I could make something beautiful or ya know do the next option, die. Maybe this is stupid and a waste of time. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up.

• Hugs
Reactions: MrBrownUpsideD, ropearoundatree, Kit1 and 3 others
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
We talk about wasting time when we have something else planned that requires this time. There you only have death planned, so if you don't have a deadline, you have plenty of time (the whole life we could say). So seen like that, you have nothing to lose doing it, don't you think ? :)

Reactions: Kit1
vanilladust

vanilladust

Nov 22, 2023
We talk about wasting time when we have something else planned that requires this time. There you only have death planned, so if you don't have a deadline, you have plenty of time (the whole life we could say). So seen like that, you have nothing to lose doing it, don't you think ? :)
Very true I'm just worried I'll bum myself out more if no one listens to it.

Reactions: Kit1 and OrphicEnd
C

cloudymoon

Feb 11, 2023
there isn't really any meaning to life, other than do things you enjoy, so there is no rush.
if this is something you care about and you like, that's really great. you can always die later so it's best to do the things you want first.
as long as you're enjoying yourself, i'd say that's good enough to keep living. even if not many people see it, as long as it means something to you, it's important.

OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
As long as your work exists without being destroyed, you can be sure that it will be listened to, and perhaps even that it will impact the person who listens to it whatever the subject discussed.
And if you allow us, we will listen to it with pleasure.

U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
I know I would be interested in listening to your music if you ever decided to share yours on here as I love listening to new music.

Reactions: tiger b and Kit1
vanilladust

vanilladust

Nov 22, 2023
As long as your work exists without being destroyed, you can be sure that it will be listened to, and perhaps even that it will impact the person who listens to it whatever the subject discussed.
And if you allow us, we will listen to it with pleasure.
Yes of course! I wanted to make this about shit we deal with
I know I would be interested in listening to your music if you ever decided to share yours on here as I love listening to new music.
Thank you I'm dedicated it to the shit we all go through

• Hugs
Reactions: OrphicEnd, user56765567, tiger b and 1 other person
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Last night I reached out to an artist with millions of listeners on spotify for his instrumentals. I wanted to add lyrics to it and so I emailed him but didn't expect a reply back. This morning he has allowed me to use his music as a backtrack. Maybe I could make something beautiful or ya know do the next option, die. Maybe this is stupid and a waste of time. Maybe I'm getting my hopes up.
I really felt genuinely happy knowing that a total stranger with millions of listeners who you reached out got back to you so quickly and kindly let you use their music ad backtrack. It is lovely to know that there are lots of kind people out there. Please don't put yourself down by feeling that this might be "stupid and a waste of time". It takes several attempts (sometimes hundreds or thousands) to make it and try to trust yourself and your skills. Perhaps you can reach out to a few people in the industry to mentor you? Just please don't give up on yourself. Good Luck.

Reactions: ropearoundatree and tiger b
vanilladust

vanilladust

Nov 22, 2023
I really felt genuinely happy knowing that a total stranger with millions of listeners who you reached out got back to you so quickly and kindly let you use their music ad backtrack. It is lovely to know that there are lots of kind people out there. Please don't put yourself down by feeling that this might be "stupid and a waste of time". It takes several attempts (sometimes hundreds or thousands) to make it and try to trust yourself and your skills. Perhaps you can reach out to a few people in the industry to mentor you? Just please don't give up on yourself. Good Luck.
Thank you. Your words mean a lot. This community has been so nice and welcoming. I'll try not to give up too soon. The holidays make it hard. I'm struggling with thanksgiving. But anyways when the song is finished I'll def post a link for anyone who wants to hear it. I wanna dedicate it to mental health and the people here. People are hurting and life isn't easy. I wanna dedicate it to those who took their lives as well.

Reactions: Kit1 and tiger b
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Thank you. Your words mean a lot. This community has been so nice and welcoming. I'll try not to give up too soon. The holidays make it hard. I'm struggling with thanksgiving. But anyways when the song is finished I'll def post a link for anyone who wants to hear it. I wanna dedicate it to mental health and the people here. People are hurting and life isn't easy. I wanna dedicate it to those who took their lives as well.
I am looking forward to listening to your music and your idea of dedicating to those who ended their lives is a brilliant idea. Thank you.

• Love
Reactions: vanilladust
vanilladust

vanilladust

Nov 22, 2023
I am looking forward to listening to your music and your idea of dedicating to those who ended their lives is a brilliant idea. Thank you.
Thanks Im opting lyrics will come easy

IWishToDie

IWishToDie

I check notifications once per week
Dec 31, 2023
Give it your best shot!