B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Anyone else watching this?

The bits showing convo between aaron hernandez and his mom really resonated with me, particularly in the first two episodes. He is very explicit to her that she fucked him up, that he could never talk to her about anything emotionally.

Feels like home :(

K

kkatt

Paragon
Nov 12, 2018
Violence appeared to have not been an unusual occurence in the home as he was growing up. This sounds like it was BOTH parents at fault.
But hearing her saying he should have given her a million is a little disturbing. Especially after she had an affair with a family member just months after the death of her husband. She even had this guy move in,so he was sleeping in his dad's bed with his mom,forcing him to go and stay at a relative's home,where he was exposed to less positive influences.
I don't like to criticise parents without knowing the full story. Families can be complicated and secrets abound. I am unfit to judge. However,you can understand how this might have all played a role in his behaviours.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
interesting to see how terrible the condition of his brain was. how his brain's condition at 27 is compared to that of a 46 year old person and how it was literally as bad as a 80 year old dementia patient. i just feel bad cause of his up-bringing and environmental influences, but aside from that, the damage caused to his brain and significant damage to the frontal lobe of his brain that could've easily impaired his decision-making and violent behaviour.

sucks to see how they focused and placed spotlight on solely his sexuality and him being gay, to deflect from focusing more on his environmental influences and his brain injuries that could have potentially played such a big role in ruining his life at such a young age.

F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Anyone else watching this?

The bits showing convo between aaron hernandez and his mom really resonated with me, particularly in the first two episodes. He is very explicit to her that she fucked him up, that he could never talk to her about anything emotionally.

Feels like home :(
Is Aaron the cute football guy that hung himself in prison? I wonder what really happened? I never trust what the media says. That guy looked so shattered, like u could feel his pain from the pictures.

Reactions: TheDevilsAngel
TheDevilsAngel

TheDevilsAngel

LetMeFree
Apr 22, 2019
Ye
Is Aaron the cute football guy that hung himself in prison? I wonder what really happened? I never trust what the media says. That guy looked so shattered, like u could feel his pain from the pictures.
Yes that is him
I'm also curious

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Violence appeared to have not been an unusual occurence in the home as he was growing up. This sounds like it was BOTH parents at fault.
But hearing her saying he should have given her a million is a little disturbing. Especially after she had an affair with a family member just months after the death of her husband. She even had this guy move in,so he was sleeping in his dad's bed with his mom,forcing him to go and stay at a relative's home,where he was exposed to less positive influences.
I don't like to criticise parents without knowing the full story. Families can be complicated and secrets abound. I am unfit to judge. However,you can understand how this might have all played a role in his behaviours.

For sure. I don't mean to wash away the rest of the dysfunctions in that family that clearly made Hernandez what he was. I am juts choosing to focus on the maternal abuse element because it feels so god damn familiar to me, and i'm sure it will to others as well.

B

Backwood_tilt

UnEnlightened
Dec 27, 2019
Transcript of part of one of their phone calls:

mom: well, if you feel like you can't talk to me

hernandez: how could i ? how could i?

mom: we could try

hernandez: no, you know how many times i tried? i always test you. ive been testing you for about 12, 15 years. i'll just tell you one thing and tell you to keep it a secret, and it always comes back to me.

mom: but a mother's not like

hernandez: YES A MOTHER IS. youre supposed to be able to talk to somebody. Let your feelings out, talk about personal things, you know what i mean? just everything. There's so many things i would love to talk to you about, so you could know me as a person. but i never could tell you. and you're going to die without even knowing your son.
Hernandez's mom is definitely a narcissist. Many tell tale signs throughout.

Reactions: kkatt